Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

On the fence

View Poll Results: Should I go with wheel spacers and 285's????
Heck yeah man! 7 58.33%
The truck looks good just how it is now 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Maysville06 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Bruce
Maysville06's Tacoma Gallery
On the fence

So currently i am running a 265/70r17 on the TRD sport 17in rims, i am considering spending a bit more coin and getting wheel spacers with 285's, but am still on the fence so i wanted to see what some different opnions are/what ya'll think. I included a picture so it could be seen how it sits now. This is my daily driver. Vote it up guys let me know what ya think!
Attached Thumbnails
On the fence-resizedimage_1340740373354.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just another option for you , I went 275/70/17 , no rub , no spacers

You could also go 255/80/17 without spacers , no rub
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot of talk on here about spacers. A lot run them on here and a lot are against them. I too considered them with my stock sport wheels but came to the conclusion that they will cause extra wear on the bearings. I decided that between them costing not that much less than a set of aftermarket wheels and imo the aftermarket wheels are not near as bad on the bearings, pending the offset anyway. I do like the look of the stock sport wheels with spacers though. This is just my opinion.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysville06 View Post
OZ-T what rims do you run, bc with my TRD sport rims there is barely any room between my 265's and my UCA
Stock Sport alloys and LT275/70/17 Hankook ATm's