Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel specs for 3" lift.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel specs for 3" lift.

I'm just about to put my 3" OME lift on my truck. I want to order some wheels. Will 4.5" back spacing work? What is the 05-11 trd sport stock wheel back spacing? Am I going to need Wheel spacers? I'm just going with 265 70 17 Duratracs.
I plan on going with these Robby Gordon wheels 17x 8
Old 06-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Am I going to need wheel spacers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I believe the Sport alloys are 5" BS
Old 06-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They are going to stick out 1" farther than on the Sport alloys . They may rub the mudflaps if you still have them on .
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you run spacers in conjunction with the RG's you'll rub, bad.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you run spacers in conjunction with the RG's you'll rub, bad.
Even though my tires are 265s????
Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
Even though my tires are 265s????
Yes. The spacers will make the effective backspacing around 3.25", which pushes the wheels out much too far.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
17x8" wheels with 4.5" back spacing (0mm offset) will work perfectly without the need for spacers. You should not have any rubbing, even with 265/70R17, once you are lifted. Even without a lift the rubbing, if any, would be extremely minimal.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
17x8" wheels with 4.5" back spacing (0mm offset) will work perfectly without the need for spacers. You should not have any rubbing, even with 265/70R17, once you are lifted. Even without a lift the rubbing, if any, would be extremely minimal.
GOD I HOPE YOUR RIGHT. I have the Wheel adapters just in-case they don't clear the Break calipers.

Or actually...... I think I do need the wheel adaptores... the center bore on the Wheels is 89mm. And my trucks Hub bore is 106 mm <----- (does that even matter)???????
Old 08-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
GOD I HOPE YOUR RIGHT. I have the Wheel adapters just in-case they don't clear the Break calipers.

Or actually...... I think I do need the wheel adaptores... the center bore on the Wheels is 89mm. And my trucks Hub bore is 106 mm <----- (does that even matter)???????

Lower back spacing / offset does not automatically equate to brake clearance. You'll still need to check brake clearance.

If the wheels have an 89mm center bore you will need either have the wheels opened up to 106.1 (make sure that the wheels are inspected first to be sure that it is safe to open the center bore up), or you'll need to run a spacer that is at least as thick as the height of the hub on your truck, otherwise the wheels will not fit over the hub. Once you run a spacer that size (1.25"+), all bets are off regarding all previous comments about fender clearance. You'll be effectively lowering the back spacing to around 3.25", which is quite aggressive.