Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Does this look bad?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Question Does this look bad?

So I was looking at the inside of my tires (285/65R18) the other day and I think that I'm still rubbing somewhere. But I'm not sure where. Maybe on the Upper Control Arms. When I am parked and turn my tires both ways I'm not hitting anything that I can see. The only thing I can think is maybe when I'm driving and turning that the weight of my truck is shifting my UCA into my tire? Or maybe I'm just paranoid. Here are some pictures what do you guys think? Would wheel spacers help this out? If I need wheel spacers what kind of stress on my truck am I looking at?

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Not real sure. Maybe put some chalk on your tires where somethin is rubbing it. Then look at where the chalk hit after a drive
Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
everything looks pretty normal to me. but i arguably dont know shit about shit

as for wheel spacers, it depends on what size you get. before i had no wheel spacers i wasnt rubbing at all. after i got 2" spacers i rub everytime my suspension flexed and my wheel is turned. i would get like a 1" or less spacer if you decide to get one
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
The space on mine was so tight I couldn't get a finger in that space. I bought spidertrax spacers to fix it.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Not real sure. Maybe put some chalk on your tires where somethin is rubbing it. Then look at where the chalk hit after a drive
That's a good idea man. I think I'm going to give this a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
The space on mine was so tight I couldn't get a finger in that space. I bought spidertrax spacers to fix it.
What size spidertrax do you have? I'm assuming that spidertrax are a good brand?

I don't really want my tires sticking out way to far. As they already stick out a little bit. Does anyone have larger fender flares on there trucks?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
anything spidertrax is well built
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
That's a good idea man. I think I'm going to give this a try.

What size spidertrax do you have? I'm assuming that spidertrax are a good brand?

I don't really want my tires sticking out way to far. As they already stick out a little bit. Does anyone have larger fender flares on there trucks?
Do you do a bunch of wheeling? More than likely is it rubbing when you are at full droop. I really wouldn't worry about it. It's a smooth surface barely touching the rubber. Probably not worth the headache to get spacers, and then wider flares...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #8

TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't really wheeled my truck much at all yet.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry then. How is your alignment?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #10

TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
I was told my alignment was good, but I do still have stock upper control arms. Sometimes it feels like my truck pulls to the left slightly when breaking hard. Sometimes it also feels like the steering is loose kind of as well.