Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire size, I know! I searched but nothing.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Tire size, I know! I searched but nothing.

Ok I have a 3" lift, right now running 265/75/16's

Now I know you have to trim to run bigger. My question is what's the biggest I can run with my ARB bumper? Because it looks like it would hinder on my tire if I get it to big, I don't think I can really trim my ARB.

I do mild off roading, I think I've only fully stuffed a tire once.

If I do HAVE to trim, is it possible to trim my ARB without making it look like garbage? I can get pics if needed of what I'm talking about it.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
You looking to go bigger than 285s?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Possibly, I want something that looks good but still leaves me capable to go off roading with some flex.

Right now I'm not sure if it's the bumpers that make my tires look small or what, but my truck just looks odd LOL

Also considering getting some XD rims, as I think mine doesn't have much back spacing... Think mine are .5 off of the stock ones.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
Friendly bump before work
Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Why can't you trim your ARB?
All it would take is an angle grinder and 20 mins of your time.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Sorry I guess that's what I was asking was should I or do I have to?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Should you? Well, if the tires hit it, and you really want to fit the tires, then yes you should.
I'm not too familiar with the arb's on those trucks, but I don't think you'll have to. I've seen people run those bumpers with similar sized tires without issues.
Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Yeah that's a good point, I think I'm just over thinking it. It just looks close is all...

Time to think about what size I want to go with if trim is needed itll get trimmed!

Thinking of going with ATs again or maybe michy lt at2s

Don't do a lot of offroading mainly road but when I get time I go.

Anyone have a suggestion for tire and size that you'd think would look good? I'll get additional pics up tomorrow how she sits right now.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
285s would look great for sure but look into 295s...little taller and wider. Would look mean! I'm kinda wishing I got 295s right now because with my tubed bumper there's a lot of open space up front. Still looks good though

Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
There was a thread on here about 1-2 months ago. Somebody hitting 285s on a ARB. I don't remember what size lift he had and what he was running for wheels. I'll try and look but keep digging in here too.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Alright thanks! I was thinking 285s. I'm running stock UCAs don't want to replace.

Don't think I'd rub until I wheel because of bumper.

Thoughts?