Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Tires!!!!!!!!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
New Tires!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody just wanted to put this up....I got new tires today (overall pretty excited). This is my third set of tires for the truck and I am at just under 100,000 miles. Anyway my first tires (I took of the BFG rugged trails immediately) were the BFG AT KOs they were great off road but the wear was abysmal and they were so loud and rough for daily driving. Then about when I put on a mid travel suspension set up (King oem replacements) I put on Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos they were great on road and off and lasted just short of 60,000mi. Since then I briefly had a long travel front set up (after which I returned to mid travel to free up money for other projects). My new tires as of today are Michelin LTX AT2s and they are awesome. So far I have driven them about 20 miles (not a lot) but even compared to my fairly smooth duelers these tires are as quiet and smooth as those on a luxury sedan. My truck was actually so smooth and quiet that my passengers and I are not shaken up from riding on the highway and can even speak in normal volumes in the cab. Finally all said these tires are true AT beasts and although they may look rather smooth and roadesque (a common trait amongst Michelins) they excelled on the rocky 4x4 road I took them on (and easily match up to the off road prowess of the BFG ATs without the painful ride quailty)