Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD wheels off of a 4 Runner

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
Omar will become famous soon enough

Omar's Tacoma Gallery
TRD wheels off of a 4 Runner

The other night I had 2 of the wheels stolen off my truck, left the whole driver's side up on cynder blocks. Damn lazy thieves couldn't even take all 4! I have never been super excited about the stock TRD Sport wheels, so I was thinking of using this chance to get something different. The insurance company will be sending the check right to the dealership for exact replacement but the guy at parts told me if I want to do something else I can just pay the difference. I have always liked the ones that came on the Tundra Rock Worrior, and I found out they do have a 6 lug version as an option for the 4 runner. Supposed to use some special install kit that has magical lug nuts and tools or something (PTR27-89100). Anybody ever check them out and why the special install kit?
I think they would look nice on the Pyrite Mica!

TRD 17-in Forged Off-Road Alloy Wheels (PTR45-35010)

Lighter than their cast counterparts, hot forged wheels have a higher strength-to-weight ratio, helping keep corner weight down while maintaining unsprung weight specifications-making these race-inspired TRD 17-inch forged off-road alloy wheels the ideal upgrade to factory wheels. The wheels feature a six-spoke design, gunmetal grey finish and machined outer lip with beadlock styling. TRD wheel installation kit required.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a while but have you seen these on any tacoma's yet?? I'm so curious to see them on one!! I've searched and searched but negative...
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a runner with them

Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
And a 5th gen

Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
They look nice but are also pricey $340 a peice
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
had those wheels on my 2007 Tundra... absolutely loved the look! very light for the size, as i recall.

be forewarned though: cleaning them is a huge PITA (still worth getting them though).
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Found these pics on here!! mrsteve has them. Looks sick. I think a 1" wheel spacer would really make it look awesome!! They sit in just a bit too much.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD wheels off of a 4 Runner-image.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful wheels!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Get them if you can afford them!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
IdahoTacoTime is on a distinguished road
Army: 9TH Infantry Div Ft Lewis Wa
Name: Brent
IdahoTacoTime's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what they look like on a Tacoma. Pretty outstanding in person. I take crappy pictures

Old 12-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I would probably like that wheel better without the fake beadlock ring.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
drg007 is on a distinguished road
drg007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I would probably like that wheel better without the fake beadlock ring.
I think the ring is removable
Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
They look ok, but in person they look kinda weak because the lip is so small.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #15
N2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shedN2DIVING is one of the sharper tools in the shed
N2DIVING's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoTacoTime View Post
Here is what they look like on a Tacoma. Pretty outstanding in person. I take crappy pictures

Finding them other than a dealer is almost impossible here on the left coast
Old 01-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
'Yotas Til Death
MikeD VT is on a distinguished road

Name: MikeD
MikeD VT's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the trigger last fall/ finally got pics UL'ed.
I scrutinized for a long time before I made the purchase.
I love them.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD wheels off of a 4 Runner-photo-1.jpg   TRD wheels off of a 4 Runner-img_1-truck.jpg  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #17
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Those are sweet...
Old 01-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #18
nextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to all

nextfriday's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that's a nice wheel. The current tacoma TRD wheels are long overdue for a change and look like something you'd see on a nissan pathfinder.