LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

new tires and now getting tps sensor

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
new tires and now getting tps sensor

I just put on my new tires and now my tps sensor keeps coming on. I have the right amiunt of psi on all 4 tires. Anyone have this same problem.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Does it stay illuminated or is it blinking? Did you reset them using the button under the steering wheel?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
it would blink then stays on. i tried different psi but still getting the same thing. the tires max is 44psi. i had it from there to 30psi but still nothing. i tried resetting it with the button also but nothing. i know the tire place didnt mess around with it cause i watched them take the old ones off and mount the new ones.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
I dont think they did. I was there watching them the whole time. I didnt notice it till the next day but then i only drove it from the tire shop witch is like half a mile from my house. Im gonna take the spare off this weekend and see if i still get it. Forgot all about the spare which is still the originaland smaller series.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s toysport View Post
I dont think they did. I was there watching them the whole time. I didnt notice it till the next day but then i only drove it from the tire shop witch is like half a mile from my house. Im gonna take the spare off this weekend and see if i still get it. Forgot all about the spare which is still the originaland smaller series.
The spare does not have a tpms sensor on the 2009s
Old 07-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take it back to the shop and have them fix it.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
yeah, i looked the other day and there is none. ill think bout taking it up there. im not to worried bout it though. just thinking bout going under the dash and removing the light or pulling it out of its area so i dont get that annoying light. thanks for all the help guys.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I'd take it back to the shop and have them fix it.
This. Have them plug into the OBD port and reset the computer to make sure it's recognizing all sensors. Should only take them a few mintues.