Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dumb question? Is it "bad" to drive w/o wheel caps?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb question? Is it "bad" to drive w/o wheel caps?

Taking the wheel caps off: stock set, 01' prerunner. I kind like the look p the wheel with them off. Is there anything wrong with doing that? Say exposing the center of the wheel more to the natural elements? Also, the center of my wheels look kinda rusted, that bad, normal? I'll facepalm myself...
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
No. Clean and spray paint the center and you're good to go.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
as ^ mentioned, a quick shot of black will have everything looking new again. there's nothing wrong with leaving the center caps off. with certain wheels, i think it actually looks better without.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I run mine without. I run the front wheels without because of necessity (manual hubs), plus the center caps that came with my wheels are super ugly.

I need to paint them again though...the rear is starting to flake a bit.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think the alloys on our Tacomas should've been a smokier grey like the old school Torquethrusts instead of this super light grey. Somebody please derp theirs so I can see if I was right
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I think I'm gonna paint the rims too. So I should just prep and prime/paint the center (with wheel off) ya?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #7

Correct.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
As long as the spindle has a dust cover (in any application) you will be fine.