Notices

? Chrome & Black Wheels ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
? Chrome & Black Wheels ?

I'm looking for a set of wheels in chrome & black but haven't had much luck finding any. Most of the wheels I find seem to be black with the machined and/or polished finish. Can anyone give me some ideas on some that maybe I've just looked over? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Cepeck Torque or American Racing Fuels are what I'm considering. Both black center with polished lip.

Fuels........

Torque......

Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Dick Cepeck Torque or American Racing Fuels are what I'm considering. Both black center with polished lip.

Fuels........

Torque......

Thanks but it's the polished and machined that I want to stay away from. I'm looking for chrome and black. I've had both machined and polished wheels before and both were a pain in the rear to keep looking new. Chrome is just so much easier to keep looking new and clean.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh, so you'd be looking to buy these from me when I get those?................

Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Quote:
Oh, so you'd be looking to buy these from me when I get those?................

Um,no I don't think so.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
Um,no I don't think so.
why not those are special edition.... kinda
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
why not those are special edition.... kinda
Easy,you got the "special" part right!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I seen plenty that are mo speshueller........
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Quote:
I seen plenty that are mo speshueller........
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^^^^^Damn, had just about decided on the torques but those fuels look nice. I kinda like the machined lip on the fuels vs just the outside edge being machined on the cepeks. We'll see what the goodyear place comes up with as far as pricing and such since I'm using their cc for 6 mnth same as cash. Are the fuels TPMS friendly?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #13
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^^Damn, had just about decided on the torques but those fuels look nice. I kinda like the machined lip on the fuels vs just the outside edge being machined on the cepeks. We'll see what the goodyear place comes up with as far as pricing and such since I'm using their cc for 6 mnth same as cash. Are the fuels TPMS friendly?
I paid just over $100 each for these 7 years ago. I'm sure they're a bit more nowadays. They are not tpms friendly though. I had them on my '08 since it was new so not having it really doesn't bother me much. Here's a pic of them when my truck was new and mostly stock.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for the info. I could just do the PVC pipe bomb thing for the TPMS but the other thing about the fuels is that they remind me so much of the wheels on the 05 I had before I got the 08, not that I didn't like them tho. KMC 18s.........

That is kinda what is pushing me towards the torques, that and they are TPMS friendly and the styling of them just seems more modern to me. Still up in the air tho. Been scoping wheels for months and it will end up being 1 of the 2. The fuels do look better than the KMCs to me and I like the dish they have where the torques seem more flush. Dammit, back and forth, pros and cons, hard choice.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #15
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Ever considered black chrome wheels?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you're talkin to me, I don't want all black or all black chrome on mine. Have white SR5 with chrome rr bumper and chrome grill trim. Rest of trim is black. Want polished or machined/black mix. OP might tho........
Old 07-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Ever considered black chrome wheels?
What I'd prefer is a mostly chrome wheel but with some black accents