Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Treadwright Fail

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Treadwright Fail

I was driving down the road about 50-55mph. The truck started to shimmy, so I stop check things out and eveything look normal. I was kinda like wtf is this road really that rippled. smh.

I went about 5 more miles and BOOOOOOOOOOM! Front drivers tire explods! wtf hang on!

I made my way to the grassy median in the middle because that was the closest place to go.

here is what the tire looked like.

These tires have about 8000miles or so. Treadwright will be hearing from me in the am.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
I was driving down the road about 50-55mph. The truck started to shimmy, so I stop check things out and eveything look normal. I was kinda like wtf is this road really that rippled. smh.

I went about 5 more miles and BOOOOOOOOOOM! Front drivers tire explods! wtf hang on!

I made my way to the grassy median in the middle because that was the closest place to go.

here is what the tire looked like.

These tires have about 8000miles or so. Treadwright will be hearing from me in the am.
That is the first bad experience I have seen for them!!!!!!!1
Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was kinda like wtf is this road really that rippled. smh.
what is that mean
Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
what is that mean
Shake my head
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
what is that mean
Edited ***someone beat me to it
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #7

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I know I did alot of research on them and it was all good
I am running a set! And I know 3 others that are personally and NO bad experience,,,
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a tire carcass failure. I speculate Treadwright missed pre-existing flaws on the tire carcass during inspection, before they molded new tread rubber onto it.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Looks like a tire carcass failure. I speculate Treadwright missed pre-existing flaws on the tire carcass during inspection, before they molded new tread rubber onto it.

I hope that they take care of it with out a fight.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, glad that you are OK Joe. Like you, this is the first failure like that for the Treadwrights that I have seen. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
They Will replace it.....they sent me a new one because one was older than the other......now I have a spare!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #13

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
They Will replace it.....they sent me a new one because one was older than the other......now I have a spare!
This. One guy here saw dry rot after a year and got 4 new for free.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope that they take care of it with out a fight.
If there is no other evidence of under-inflation or off road damage (uneven wear, chunks torn out of tread lugs, etc.), the tire mfr would have little to argue about.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
If there is no other evidence of under-inflation or off road damage (uneven wear, chunks torn out of tread lugs, etc.), the tire mfr would have little to argue about.
Never been offroading (just dirt roads) ,thread is good ( was good), psi was 38
Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the replacement (and your other 3 tires!).
Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Never been offroading (just dirt roads) ,thread is good ( was good), psi was 38
psi seems a little high....call them up tommaro and fill out the warranty claim
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
depends on the load range. i pass the chalk test best at 45-48 psi on my guard dogs (d range).
Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:

nah they seemed to run better at 38. My coopers I ran at 45-48 gas mileage was better
Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #20
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, almost got them but i was a little sketched so i bought new