Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

vtec raptor wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
cusa1 is on a distinguished road
cusa1's Tacoma Gallery
vtec raptor wheels

i just bought vtech raptor wheels they dont fit the front end how do i make them fit. i understand something about the centric hub please advise
Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
cusa1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusa1 View Post
i just bought vtech raptor wheels they dont fit the front end how do i make them fit. i understand something about the centric hub please advise
Old 07-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to Wheels and Tires section.

Now, could you provide some information? What doesn't fit? What size wheels did you get? What offset? Got pics of the problem?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Did you order 16s?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
OP, got any information for us?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
TODEOTA is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 819th REDHORSE Squadron
Name: Jake
TODEOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Was he informed that the post was moved? Looks like he's still on
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #7

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
He's looked up Whipper's profile so he must have stopped back in at some point.

Edit: And right now he's viewing this section of the site.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
He's looked up Whipper's profile so he must have stopped back in at some point.

Edit: And right now he's viewing this section of the site.
Stalker!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #9

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
cusa1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Moved to Wheels and Tires section.

Now, could you provide some information? What doesn't fit? What size wheels did you get? What offset? Got pics of the problem?
the wheels won't fit front end, the shop said something about the cetrick hub
Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
They only had issues on the front? If it's a hub-centric/lug-centric issue, the problem should exist at all 4 corners.

Have you tried installing them yourself to see the problem first hand? Can you take some photos of the back side of the wheels with a tape measure across the center opening to show the diameter?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
cusa1's Tacoma Gallery
17" i'm new to this site so how do i read you feedback, thanks
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
17" rims should clear the brake calipers.

Now how about the center bore measurement? That's the one that's impacted by the hub-centric thing. You need to compare this:

To this:

Note that those photos are not specific to our trucks and are just random images I found on Google for illustration purposes.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
TODEOTA is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 819th REDHORSE Squadron
Name: Jake
TODEOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I am a student in Machining. Perhaps if you provided a close-up picture of the center bore (hole) in the middle of the wheel, I could tell you if it could be bored out to fit or not
Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #15

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
^ Good stuff! Bumping thread for some information from the OP.