Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Question about 285's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Question about 285's

Hey guys,

i have searched everywhere, but i still have a question about 285's. im hopefully going to pick some up tomorrow, they are 285/75/16's. my question is, can i run them on my stock TRD off road wheels WITHOUT spacers? im not concerned with them rubbing on the chinsey plastic, but more of will they rub on the UCA's? i was able to run 285/70/17's on my other truck without spacers, but they were FJ wheels and im sure the offset is different. any help would be great!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
perfect, thanks guys!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
IIR they will hit the UCA's with stock wheel backspacing... You'll need spacers, at least 2.5" of lift and a Cab Mount Chop...
Homer is correct. Anything over 31.5" you'll have to do all of the above.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Homer is correct. Anything over 31.5" you'll have to do all of the above.
I didn't do any of the above except the lift and my 275/70/17's are 32 3/8 "
Old 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I didn't do any of the above except the lift and my 275/70/17's are 32 3/8 "
you don't rub the cab mount during off roading?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
I don't know if Pete off-roads his truck...
I see. Under normal driving conditions, you'll get away with that size since there's not much flexing and compressing going around. It's when you hit the trails is when you really need to start chopping and cutting.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you don't rub the cab mount during off roading?
I haven't flexed it enough to hit there I guess
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know if Pete off-roads his truck...
This is pretty true ^^^
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This is pretty true ^^^
Less off-roading means more money in your wallet which is a good thing.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Less off-roading means more money in your wallet which is a good thing.
Lol

I think my next tires will be 255/80/17's anyway