Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

STOCK HEIGHT RIMS & TIRES PACKAGE??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
sockittome is on a distinguished road
sockittome's Tacoma Gallery
STOCK HEIGHT RIMS & TIRES PACKAGE??

Hello there does anyone know what offset & backspace rims I should buy. I am interested in the Ballistic Jesters. The tires I bought are 265/70/17. I'm a stock height 07 2wd double cab , thanx.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Anywhere between 5.5 and 4.5" backspacing. And make sure the tires you bought are approved for 9" wide wheels, which is all the jesters come in. You can check on the tire manufacturers website.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
I appreciate the info. Would you happen to know if the offset is better to be bought in +12, -12, or 0? Also will these fit without a lift with 265/70/17 without mods?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockittome View Post
I appreciate the info. Would you happen to know if the offset is better to be bought in +12, -12, or 0? Also will these fit without a lift with 265/70/17 without mods?
If you never plan to fun 285's, I'd go with the 0. Some folks have had slight rubbing on the -12 with no lift, even with 265's.

If you plan to go to 285's one day, get the -12.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
lefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mal
lefthand6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you never plan to fun 285's, I'd go with the 0. Some folks have had slight rubbing on the -12 with no lift, even with 265's.

If you plan to go to 285's one day, get the -12.
Hey, I think you made a typo. If he plans on doing the 285s should he do -12, or +12? You said -12 folks have rubbing with 285s, but that he was planning on doing 285s one day he should get -12?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthand6 View Post
Hey, I think you made a typo. If he plans on doing the 285s should he do -12, or +12? You said -12 folks have rubbing with 285s, but that he was planning on doing 285s one day he should get -12?
285s in the future, go with -12 offset. going with +12 is going to push the wheels inward and you might end up rubbing on the uca with a wide tire.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Thanks again! I was thinking maybe a 3" lift.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthand6 View Post
I said some -12 folks have rubbing with the 265's, at stock height. -12 is ideal for 285's with 3" of lift though (still some rubbing though).

+12 or zero is fine for 265's.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
lefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlefthand6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mal
lefthand6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I said some -12 folks have rubbing with the 265's, at stock height. -12 is ideal for 285's with 3" of lift though (still some rubbing though).

+12 or zero is fine for 265's.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #10
So after long thinking this out I want to stay at stock height keep my 265/70/17's but which offset will be best not to rub +12 or 0? i dont plan on lifting or ever go with 285"s. By the way I like your SCS logo, Im in the Bay Area too.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So after long thinking this out I want to stay at stock height keep my 265/70/17's but which offset will be best not to rub +12 or 0? i dont plan on lifting or ever go with 285"s. By the way I like your SCS logo, Im in the Bay Area too.
Doesn't matter, both with work. The 0 will stick out a half inch more than the +12
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
Thank you KPT, your the man.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #13
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Keith knows his wheels. Both offset will work with 265s. Between +12 and 0, I would choose 0 just to push the wheel out a little.

If you would like a free SCS decal, let me know. I have a bunch of different colors to choose from.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #14
Thank you!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Thank you!
Randy, I got your message. Not sure if you know, but you've set your account not to receive PMs. I will send them out to you soon.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
I will change that ASAP, thanks.