Notices

fn wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Hexman is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
Hexman's Tacoma Gallery
fn wheels

anyone have Fn wheels on their truck? trying to figure out how much they will stick out of the wheel well
Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how Fn wide the rim is and what Fn backspacing it has..............Factory is usually 5-5.5" on backspacing on 7 or 8" rim so if it has less backspacing and is wider rim it'll stick out more. Offset also plays into the equation. Here is a good calculator thing I found in an old rim thread when I was doing all this research. Put in your current setup and whatever the new one will be and it'll tell you...............

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

and welcome aboard................
Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Depends on how Fn wide the rim is and what Fn backspacing it has..............Factory is usually 5-5.5" on backspacing on 7 or 8" rim so if it has less backspacing and is wider rim it'll stick out more. Offset also plays into the equation. Here is a good calculator thing I found in an old rim thread when I was doing all this research. Put in your current setup and whatever the new one will be and it'll tell you...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
See build thread link in my sig....

Both of these are very good sources. Feel free to PM me or post up some additional info and I will make a comparison for you:

1) What wheels and tires do you currently have?
2) Which new wheels from FN Wheels do you plan to install?
3) Which tires do you plan to use (reuse your stock tires, or purchase new tires)? If you purchase new tires, let me know your preference for size, brand, and model.

I have a pretty large gallery of all the different wheels FN Wheels offers installed on Tacomas, so I can post photos too if you need them.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
See build thread link in my sig....

Both of these are very good sources. Feel free to PM me or post up some additional info and I will make a comparison for you:

1) What wheels and tires do you currently have?
2) Which new wheels from FN Wheels do you plan to install?
3) Which tires do you plan to use (reuse your stock tires, or purchase new tires)? If you purchase new tires, let me know your preference for size, brand, and model.

I have a pretty large gallery of all the different wheels FN Wheels offers installed on Tacomas, so I can post photos too if you need them.