Notices

mickey thompson bajas?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Silver DCLB is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
Silver DCLB's Tacoma Gallery
mickey thompson bajas?

ive been considering between a view brands of tires such as toyo, nitto, and mickey thompson. since i have a pre runner im not gonna do heavy mudding. for an all terrain i like the mickey thompson bajas they look great. just wondering how they fair on and offroad?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
idk about the mickey’s. but i have the nitto terra grappler. really like them a lot!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #3

what size are they, im goin for the 33 range.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't get terra grapplers! I have an LT truck and they wore down soo fast! Plus next to no traction in dirt. I upgraded to MT baja claws TTCs and they are a far superior tire, traction is unbelievable.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i just have the 265/75R16. i don’t have a lift or anything yet. i have come up some kinda steep gravel hills and did not spin even in 2wd. have hit some mud and done fin.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The sidewalls are very thin too! I had a flat on my first Offroad trip. The MTs I beat the shit out of and they treat me well! The sidewalls are made to take a beating plus they had tread that goes onto the sidewall for extra protection and traction when aired down.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Please don't get terra grapplers! I have an LT truck and they wore down soo fast! Plus next to no traction in dirt. I upgraded to MT baja claws TTCs and they are a far superior tire, traction is unbelievable.
tire wear has A LOT! to do with out you drive. i have almost 2500 to 3k on them and canít see any wear at all! my neighbor has almost 10k i think on his and they still look really good. and funny in some dirt i have a hard time spinning my tires. GA has about same kinda dirt we do. clay and stuff. idk what dirt is like out that way.(loose,dry. or what. but all the people i know that have them love them off road.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #8

Quote:
The sidewalls are very thin too! I had a flat on my first Offroad trip. The MTs I beat the shit out of and they treat me well! The sidewalls are made to take a beating plus they had tread that goes onto the sidewall for extra protection and traction when aired down.
just wondering how fast wear you going when you got the flat? first time i took them off road i bottomed out the rear end pretty good and had no problem was not aired down at all. and arn’t they 3 ply side walls?

but hey each they own i guess..
Old 07-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #9

I Offroad everyday to and from work and on several occasions been on 300 mile excursions thru the Mojave desert. If you want a flat or want to get stuck in sand get the terra grapplers. They are not designed for offroading. They are terrible for offroading in my opinion
Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #10

They took a bush to the side wall. A very small bush put about 5 separate holes in my sidewall. I would hope any tire doesn't go flat just from bottoming out
Old 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #11

Quote:
I Offroad everyday to and from work and on several occasions been on 300 mile excursions thru the Mojave desert. If you want a flat or want to get stuck in sand get the terra grapplers. They are not designed for offroading. They are terrible for offroading in my opinion
well idk about GA but we donít have sand ANYWHERE around here. and most time you canít go very fast. i think fastest i have been off road is 35MPH. trails out here just donít really allow you to go fast.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #12

we have most dirt not really that much loose sand. but of coarse their are places to fined gravel, clay, loose sand, mud, and rocks.
tostidos do you have the mt bajas?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #13

Yes MT baja claw TTCs. mickey thompson bajas?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342810156.846441.jpg
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #14

nice, very aggressive. this what i have in mind from MT.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #15

Can't see it on my phone. Is it the ATZ? Or MTZ?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #16

baja all terrains
Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I had the ATZ's for my last tire. They were absolutely great! I got between 50 -60k out of them. Would have lasted longer but I cut one on a rock and figured I might just get new ones. I went with the MTZ's this time around, just to see how I like them. I doubt I'd buy anything other than mickey thompson now.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #18

Some of the other LT guys run ATZs and MTZs and love them!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of 35x12.50x17 MTZ's on my truck that lasted almost 65K miles. Granted, when I replaced them they were race slicks and the tire overall is louder and heavier than a mfer but they lasted and performed awesome.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #20

good to know, seriously considering them thanks guys!