Notices

New Tacoma owner needs help picking right mods

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Krokus72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Krokus72's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma owner needs help picking right mods

I just bought my dream truck and need some help deciding how to spice it up a bit. I'm want to give the truck a more aggressive look by putting new tires on. I like the bfg all terrain ko. Would adding these be enough or should I do a small lift on the truck to give it a slightly more aggressive stance.
Also want to add a new air intake to give it some more power and efficiency any ideas?
And where can I find a nice chrome exhaust tip
Love the truck so far. Can't wait to get to the snow this season.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
1. lifting the truck is your opinion for looks just no spacers. What tire size have you decided on?
2.The truck already has a cold air intake, so adding an aftermarket one is just for sound.
3. Local exhaust shop?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Is Krokus a ref to your fav band perhaps?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
A air intake won't give you noticeable gains in either hp or mpg. I know some think that they do but most get it to sound cool. A 3 inch lift will do wonders for how the truck looks, it gives it a more agressive look.

Edit: Oowen beat me to it
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
drop in a AFE pro dry air filter into your stock air intake box
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Welcome. Is Krokus a ref to your fav band perhaps?