Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Jep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jessy
Jep1094's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Painted wheels

Want to paint my aftermarket chrome wheels. Anybody got pics of theirs painted black?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The paint won't adhere to the chrome. You have to strip all the chrome off via sandblasting or sodablasting or what have you.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Jep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to beholdJep1094 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jessy
Jep1094's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The paint won't adhere to the chrome. You have to strip all the chrome off via sandblasting or sodablasting or what have you.
Thanks dude
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Or use a little sweat and elbow grease and sand them down really well before you paint. That's what I did with the chrom wheel I'm using for my spare.

Before:

After:

Old 07-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Or use a little sweat and elbow grease and sand them down really well before you paint. That's what I did with the chrom wheel I'm using for my spare.

Before:

After:

Was that really chrome plated before? Looks kind of just like polished aluminum.....
Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Was that really chrome plated before? Looks kind of just like polished aluminum.....

Yep Chrome plated steel wheel.