Notices

Identify these Toyota wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
TDubber is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
TDubber's Tacoma Gallery
Identify these Toyota wheels

So I just bought my first taco. I am loving it. It's a 2008 DC TRD off road. I noticed that it did not have the standard TRD off road wheels. I thought I really liked them, but after driving on the highway, I discovered I have the steering wobble at 55+. It's not really bad but it's noticeable and somewhat annoying. I took it to the dealer to balance the wheels, they did so but it's still there. on the service report it says "note: all 4 wheels have spacers". Thinking this might have something to do with it... So my question is can someone help identify what type of wheels are on my taco??

I know I know, I have the crappy Dunlop AT20's... that's one of my first changes.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to many years of driving this sweet truck!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
2009 OEM 4Runner.

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/TOYO...09/A-69430U85/
Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
ToyoMaster
toyotech is on a distinguished road

Name: Bobby
toyotech's Tacoma Gallery
4Runner Sport Edition 2003 - 2009
Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
You should pull a wheel off and see what sort of spacers are on there. You'll probably want to ditch them unless they are hub-centric.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
TDubber is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
TDubber's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. That was fast! Much appreciated. Looking for the backspacing offset I think I found it: +30 off set to give 5.4" backspacing. If this is correct, do I even need the spacers? The wide stance looks cool but I'd much rather have a smooth ride and a little less cool look.

Thanks again!