Notices

HELP!!! Wheels and tire question???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
SDittmer is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
SDittmer's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!!! Wheels and tire question???

I just joined the forum and could use some help. Just bought a 2010 tacoma trd 4x4 4door long box. I got a 3 inch toytec lift and bought some 285/75R16 mud tires. I've been trying to find a black daytona style rim and the ones I ordered don't have the right offset as the wheel hits the brake caliper on the front tires. The ones that I ordered where the Cragar 3977860P - Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels. 16x8, 6x5.5inch bolt pattern with +13mm offset or 5 inch back spacing. Unfortunately they hit the brake caliper so I have to send them back.
If anyone knows what amount of offset will work and if they're available in a similar style wheel I would be forever grateful!!!

I've included 2 pictures:

1) My truck on the hoist with the wrong sized wheel

and

2) A picture of a Tacoma I found on Tacoma World where I would love to know the dimensions of the wheel/tire/lift combination. Please contact me if this is your truck.

Thanks and looking forward to some input so I can get out and get some wheeling done!

Scott

HELP!!! Wheels and tire question???-taco3.jpg
HELP!!! Wheels and tire question???-tacoma5.jpg
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Almost all steel wheels hit the calipers of the 2nd gen tacomas. The first truck pictured looks like it has procomp alloys.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
OP here are some similar wheels:

Wheelers steelies (the only steelies that clear the calipers)

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Pro Comp 7069
Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a +12 offset with a 3/4" spacer, which works out to about a -7 offset. I found the wheels used and couldn't pass up a good deal. Plus, I already had the spacers on my factory rims.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery

Not the "wheels" you described BUT every other "spec" is the same; 3" lift and tire size...PLUS I have seen this truck in person.....Pictures do not do justice........Lucky for me he upgraded like you because I purchased his TRD wheels/tire combo....
Old 07-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The problem is with the wheels themselves. No specs will make steel wheels fit, except for the wheelers steelies.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I should correct the post to say "Truck and lift specs are the same as what you are looking for"..

I understood "Steelies" and was giving the OP other options besides steel...

Thank you for the "411" on the Wheelers Steelies.....
Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
I should correct the post to say "Truck and lift specs are the same as what you are looking for"..

I understood "Steelies" and was giving the OP other options besides steel...

Thank you for the "411" on the Wheelers Steelies.....
Understood, I was just making sure the OP knew that not all wheels are created equal even if they have the same numerical specs. Didn't want him to think he could get the cragars with so and so specs and solve his problems.