LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

anyone running grabber AT2s??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
anyone running grabber AT2s??

well when i get all my peces for the mid travel setup ill be needing new tires. found these for a killer deal! just wondering if anyone has them or has run them before general grabber AT2s
Old 07-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I almost bought them. They got good reviews and look similar to BFG AT's. Lets see what people that actually use them have to say.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

yea i hope to hear from someone and maybe some pics because 606 is hard to pass up for 4 of them!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a set from Mountainprimat2 ( TW member) and he had put around 20,000 on them...

They must wear like iron because they still have dam near factory tread depth and NO real NOISE from that AT tread...

Best surprise is these are LT 265/75/16's and they ride as well if not better than my P/70 series Geo Trackers did......

Now granted ,only had them on a week BUT they definetly LIKE sand and I will be "wheeling" a few Class 6's this weekend so more to come in updates !!!

Price,sorry can not help you with that .....Stefan gave me a GREAT package "DEAL" for the 4 of them mounted on his OEM TRD wheels plus through in the spare .....

PIX are in my photo folder and my avatar !!!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
I had them for about a year. They were a good tire. Not too bad on road noise and they aired down real well. Off road they were solid but in rocky terrain you could see that they got tore up on the tread pretty easily. Sidewalls are solid. That's all I got.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
diesel tech

thanks for the info everyone! im also looking at the nitto terra grapplers..i like the look of them better but dont really know what direction to go..good thing i got awhile to make up my mind!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
new and improved
bill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: billy
bill-e-boy's Tacoma Gallery
at2's

i like mine...had them for about a year....good looking tire....good performance on road....i don't go off road much though.....they work well in rain
Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddicTioN View Post
thanks for the info everyone! im also looking at the nitto terra grapplers..i like the look of them better but dont really know what direction to go..good thing i got awhile to make up my mind!
Good minds think alike ....If Stefans deal had changed at all, 4 NEW Nitto TG's were going on that Saturday instead.....BUT for a much higher price than you were quoted for the AT2's .....

Only tires that I found anywhere near your "Price" mounted & balanced on the truck were Kelly Springfield ATRs with the Nittos and Toyo Open Country AT's seperated by a $30 diffrence for 4....
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
My dad just put a set of AT2's on his 3/4 ton Silverado. They look great and he says they ride very well on the road. He hasn't had a chance to take them out in the dirt yet, but I can't imagine they will let him down. My only complaint about them (and it's only a minor one) is the "Made in Mexico" stamp on the sidewall.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
diesel tech

yea only thing i dont like about them is the white letter outline.. but i was thinking to just turn that side to the inside and id be all set!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW I switched to Kumho Road Venture AT's after the Generals. I like these much better for road/trail abuse.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
I've have about 5,000 miles on mine. Great traction on snow and ice, not too loud on the road.

Downside is they do pack with mud more than I expected, they are heavy and they like to pick up and throw gravel rocks. The throwing of rocks is probably my biggest complaint, not sure if I would put them on a new truck.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #14
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
i like mine there kinda heavy but i got them cheap so i couldnt turn down the offer.
how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking
Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you guys buy your Grabber ATs? I'm having something of a hard time finding them down here.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
//TRD
GeauxTigers is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
GeauxTigers's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine! They are a good tire, i have about 15,000 on mine and they still look GREAT. Quiet, ride good, look good, and perform good! When I bought my truck, the dealership put them on. They are 265/70/16s, I wish they would have put 265/75's on!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #17
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
I asked my dealer and they don't carry them.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #18

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
Where did you guys buy your Grabber ATs? I'm having something of a hard time finding them down here.

A Quick look at generaltire.com came up with sears stores and tire kingdoms...
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
A Quick look at generaltire.com came up with sears stores and tire kingdoms...
That's the regular tires. They have a separate box to check for offroad.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #20

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
That's the regular tires. They have a separate box to check for offroad.

Quickly looked up AT2s at Sears, Ft.Myers and they can get them....265/70/16 on your truck for $839.76 plus Sales tax....

Advantage with Sears is you can usually order them in and not pay shipping,disavantage is which Sears do you frequent and TRUST...

For some reason Tirekingdom,FT.Myers does not list General Tire...their loss.

Good luck with finding them,I do like mine and once my Bora's arrive they will see more "play time"