Notices

painting my wheels black

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Cstanley is on a distinguished road
Name: Coty
Cstanley's Tacoma Gallery
painting my wheels black

I have a 2009 Tacoma TRD. Color is pyrite mica and I'm thinking of painting the wheels black? What do you think?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Yes do it, but use plastidip that way if you dont like it you can peel it off.

heres a pic of mine
Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^yup i plastderped mine twice now. They hold up pretty good if you do enought coats. I love mine.....I left the center caps(trd sport) silver tho and it looks nice. When/if I get rims im going black for sure or I will pemantely paint mine when time allows. GL
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
wheels

Thanks. I will definatley paint them. Will post pics in the near future.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
PtLomaComa is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Rescue Swimmer
Name: Brett
PtLomaComa's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Pyrite Mica '09 and painted my wheels and it looks sweet. I'm on deployment right now so i can't post pics, sorry. I didn't go straight black though. I used the Shadow kit from Duplicolor which is more of a black chrome look. It's designed for wheels so its very resistant to chips and scratches. Check out Duplicolor's website, they have multiple colors for their wheel paints.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Im also looking for a Hood with a scoop too coty cowl Hood. If anyone has one and wants to trade hoods let me know. Again my truck is pyrite mica 09'
Old 07-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Derped my wheels yesterday actually. Absolutely love the look - if the derp doesn't hold up I'll spray them. I already have the Rustoleum Black Enamel paint. I painted my mailbox with it 2 years ago and it still looks shiny and new. I have 4 cans in my garage.

For now, the derp looks great. Got LOTs of compliments at work today.