Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Front bumper flap rub with 265s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
We Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to behold
We Are Apocalypse's Tacoma Gallery
Front bumper flap rub with 265s

It appears my left tire is rubbing the front bumper flap. For some reason the flap curves in. It doesn't rub all the time though. The right tire does not rub at all. I got the 265s installed a few weeks ago and the rubbing just started within the last week. Should I buy a new flap that is straight or take off the one that is there?

Here is a picture of the flap
Attached Thumbnails
Front bumper flap rub with 265s-photo-1.jpg   Front bumper flap rub with 265s-photo-2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off as soon as I got home from the dealer

Maybe you could try heating it up and curving it straight.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What is that thing ? Must be a 2012 thing , my truck doesn't have that
Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What is that thing ? Must be a 2012 thing , my truck doesn't have that
Yeah good point mine didn't look like that
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
We Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to beholdWe Are Apocalypse is a splendid one to behold
It doesn't appear to be anything critical. It's just weird that the left one curves but the right one stayed straight.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they left off the hanging plastic box thing that was part of the front wheel well liners and put that flap thing on instead. Not sure what either of those things accomplish. At least the box type wouldn't change shape and get blown backward by frwy wind towards the tire.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
tyaker is on a distinguished road

tyaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Are Apocalypse View Post
It's just weird that the left one curves but the right one stayed straight.
Probably a genetic thing.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
mine dont have one of those...just take that junk off.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
I took it off. No more rubbing sound. The left one was all shredded, in the front. I think it may have actually been catching on the tire and then bending upwards and rubbing against the tire.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Are Apocalypse View Post
I took it off. No more rubbing sound. The left one was all shredded, in the front. I think it may have actually been catching on the tire and then bending upwards and rubbing against the tire.
That's exactly what was happening. after i got my alignment i was rubbing that flap. didnt know it existed... if you hit it a few times while backing up (which is what i was doing when the wheel was turned) it would permanently bend it up like that

FMFDM - front mud flap delete mod