Rockstar XD and Falken Rocky Mountain

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
Rockstar XD and Falken Rocky Mountain

Hey guys... 2 nd new post! Has anyone seen a Tacoma with Rockstars and Falken Rockies as a wheel tire combo? Have a new 2012 DCSB MGM SR5 that I plan on building soon. Also trying to figure out what lift I want! Any Help from the masses of Genuis'??
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #2

Firefighter:
Why am I not getting any replies? 34 views no replies... Am I posting incorectly?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
NtacomaR is on a distinguished road

Name: nick
NtacomaR's Tacoma Gallery
amen
Old 07-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Same here.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
yup....I was the first view and typed a reply about how rockstars suck and you prob wont get too many people wanting to reply(i erased it and said ahhh fuck it). Google it and Im sure you will find them.....a few people have them on here......or go to your local mall.

They are just tacky as hell with that fucking star
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #7

or you can get the new monster rims...lol then in about 5 months you can match every other "BRO" truck.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Rockstars are on almost every lifted Ford or Chevy. To me they are everywhere you look and way overpriced. If I could keep my stock TRD O/R rims after the lift and tire I would, but I will be finding a rim in close to resemblance to it
Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
But in the end, it doesn't matter what we think, do what you want with your truck. Just saying I wouldn't expect anyone on here to have that setup to show you.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #10

if you want something kinda similar to the rockstar but looks way better...get the all black TRD rims with the red TRD symbol...those are awesome IMO
Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Sadly, seems like if you don't conform with the member's ideologies of what should and should not be on a truck you get flamed on pretty bad sometimes.

But I always go with the "its our truck, do what you want" because when it comes down to it, it's true. I'm sure someone in the photo shop thread can give you an idea of what you are looking for if you provide the pictures.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Haha! That's why I'm a member here.. I love honesty and honestly the Rockstars were about my 4 th choice! Now that you all mention it your right.. These rims ARE on every POS Chevy or Ford! My new truck is my daily driver for my Garage Floor Epoxy Business so I'm not sure how big on lift and tire I wanna go. I Love Terra Grappler but have read mixed reviews on wear..... If you had MGM... What would you run? I wanna go all black that's all I know and I'm leaning toward Billie 5100 or a Pro Comp 3" inch lift. HELP!! Lol
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #13

Firefighter:
By the way the Steelies on the SR5 package is by far the worst idea Ever!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
Haha! That's why I'm a member here.. I love honesty and honestly the Rockstars were about my 4 th choice! Now that you all mention it your right.. These rims ARE on every POS Chevy or Ford! My new truck is my daily driver for my Garage Floor Epoxy Business so I'm not sure how big on lift and tire I wanna go. I Love Terra Grappler but have read mixed reviews on wear..... If you had MGM... What would you run? I wanna go all black that's all I know and I'm leaning toward Billie 5100 or a Pro Comp 3" inch lift. HELP!! Lol
1. Go with the billies, the pro comp lift is about the stiffest you can buy
2. Check out brands like atx, method, raceline, scs, moto metal, and other xd (they have a ton of different wheels) and find what you like best.
3. Thank you for taking honest opinions without getting upset
4. I have been wanting to epoxy my garage floor in my shop myself, any tips?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
1. Go with the billies, the pro comp lift is about the stiffest you can buy
2. Check out brands like atx, method, raceline, scs, moto metal, and other xd (they have a ton of different wheels) and find what you like best.
3. Thank you for taking honest opinions without getting upset
4. I have been wanting to epoxy my garage floor in my shop myself, any tips?
beat me to it......but i dont need my floor epoxied
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #16

Firefighter:
Why would I get upset....lol! I'm totally a Newbie! I can set you up on epoxy no problem! So with the Billies as I understand from reading a lot here I wana go 2.75 but that won't get me 3" correct and I'll also need an AAL for the rear?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why would I get upset....lol! I'm totally a Newbie! I can set you up on epoxy no problem! So with the Billies as I understand from reading a lot here I wana go 2.75 but that won't get me 3" correct and I'll also need an AAL for the rear?
There are a few who will ask for opinions and then argue with us and say we're wrong when technically an opinion is no wrong answer, but, when in rome. lol. Anyways, you'll find flaming answers and helpful one's at the same time. just don't take offense. Everyone has their own style and knows what they like so if you like it, ask for opinions if you, in the end do what YOU want, afterall YOU ARE the one driving it everyday. As far as lifts, like KPT said, DO NOT go with procomp. It is an extremely stiff ride and the slightest bump will jerk you around. I say that because my fiance' has a procomp lift on her jeep and it feels like shocks don't absorb the impact. Either way, whatever you do in the end just post pics!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2.5 is the highest the billies go. You can add a thin top plat spacer to get to 3", but then you would likely need new UCA's. You will need an AAL to level out the rear. With the 2.5" front, a 1.5" AAL will level you. If you still want some rake, get a 2" AAL.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #19

Firefighter:
KPT... Checked your build page. Love this setup! It looks like you don't have any AAL at all correct? Just Billies all around and the front set to 1.75" seems like this is a better set up if you have a DD. Any more inf you wanna share would be much appreciated!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KPT... Checked your build page. Love this setup! It looks like you don't have any AAL at all correct? Just Billies all around and the front set to 1.75" seems like this is a better set up if you have a DD. Any more inf you wanna share would be much appreciated!
Thanks. I have the toyota TSB leaf pack in the rear, which is 1" lift over stock.