Notices

Black or white sidewall writing?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
Black or white sidewall writing?

I'm looking at getting some goodyear duratracs and I was wondering if I should go with white or black writing on the sides? I drive a white tacoma so I was thinking going with white. Any opinions?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
NtacomaR is on a distinguished road

Name: nick
NtacomaR's Tacoma Gallery
black....for sure...white sidewalls look kinda cheesy...black gives is a nice clean look. i have white side walls one mine and im gonna get my tires turned around lol
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks you guys! I was iffy, and the more I think about it black does look a ton better.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
X4. White letters are too '80s for my tastes.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, I'll be the old fart in the crowd--White letters OUT. Of course I also like chrome which very few here seem to, so take that for what it's worth.

And the 80's were a friggin' blast!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
White out only looks good on the bfgs and duratracs IMO, and it doesn't always look good with those either.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #10
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough
Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
Okay, I'll be the old fart in the crowd--White letters OUT. Of course I also like chrome which very few here seem to, so take that for what it's worth.

And the 80's were a friggin' blast!

I am with you here
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have white 08 with mix of chrome/black trim so I put letters out this time. If you have all black trim then blackwall out looks better. Had 05 with blackwalls out............

Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
White up front and black in the rear

jk blackwalls FTW!