2012 Tacoma 16" Satin Black Alloy Wheel

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Racingfan is on a distinguished road
Air Force: (RET.) MSgt, 25th Aerial Port Squadron
Name: Philip
Racingfan's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma 16" Satin Black Alloy Wheel

Hey, just saw these on a new 2012 Tacoma this morning at the local dealership in Montgomery, AL. According to the parts department: Part# 00041-35000 ($197.67 per wheel), comes with center cap & lug nuts and the factory steel wheel TPMS works with this alloy wheel. Service quoted me $50 to swap everything over. What do you guys think about them?

2012 Tacoma 16" Satin Black Alloy Wheel-ssw-wheel-1.jpg 2012 Tacoma 16" Satin Black Alloy Wheel-ssw-wheel-2.jpg

Has anyone else seen these?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They look more like a car wheel than a truck wheel to me but if you like them, go for it!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
It looks good, go for it
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Thanks guys. I’m not overly crazy about these wheels. There are several different wheels from Level 8 and Raceline that I’ve been looking at for some time. For me, I just don’t want to go all out and buy new tires, wheels and possible new TPMS sensors since I have less than 10,000 miles on my new truck. This wheel is a factory fit and would completely eliminate the worries of ordering an aftermarket wheel that may or may not fit…or requires additional modifications to the trucks body. Others may choose to do this (and their trucks look nice) but that’s not me. I’ll probably give it a few more months before I finally decide on a set of wheels. Just wanted to share in case someone else might like to go this route.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
Thanks guys. Iím not overly crazy about these wheels. There are several different wheels from Level 8 and Raceline that Iíve been looking at for some time. For me, I just donít want to go all out and buy new tires, wheels and possible new TPMS sensors since I have less than 10,000 miles on my new truck. This wheel is a factory fit and would completely eliminate the worries of ordering an aftermarket wheel that may or may not fitÖor requires additional modifications to the trucks body. Others may choose to do this (and their trucks look nice) but thatís not me. Iíll probably give it a few more months before I finally decide on a set of wheels. Just wanted to share in case someone else might like to go this route.
Don't worry too much about trying to get an aftermarket wheel to fit. We can help you get the one with the right specs requiring no modification.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
BC Overlander is on a distinguished road

BC Overlander's Tacoma Gallery
They look like RV trailer wheels to me.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #10
Here's a copy of the part sheet information from Toyota.

Toyota SSW Wheel.pdf

The wheels on the Xsp-x here looked like Ultra Maverick wheels to me.

If I could pick a wheel today, it would be the Level 8 Scopions...they're not available yet.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
Adonis is on a distinguished road
Adonis's Tacoma Gallery
I come across with in this site as I was browsing threads and think its worth diggin in.
http://www.wheelsanything.com/