Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #21
FL TRD is on a distinguished road
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have them in the 265-75-16 and love them so far a little noisy like everyone is saying but got them installed by walmart and havent had a problem yet.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write-up I will definitely follow this to see how they do. I have the Dunlop AT-20's in the 16 inch wheel right now how many miles did you get out of them?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I got 37k out of the stickers.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #24
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I had about 25k on the AT20's before I replaced them, mostly due to them falling apart off-road.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Since I'm not off-roading and it's all highway miles it looks like I'll be going with the Goodyear Assurance CS Fuel Max tire 245/75/16.

They say over the life of the tire they save 2600 miles of fuel! They really will pay for themselves.

They weigh 24.5 lbs each! As oppposed to an LT tire that weighs 43.5!

Looks like Wal-Mart is the place at 173.00 ea
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #27
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
dang i forgot about these tires.

ive seen these at the walmart near my house and i was impressed by the tread pattern.

i can tell they have good offroad traction.

the price is very attractive. i may go with these when i get tires.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
dang i forgot about these tires.

ive seen these at the walmart near my house and i was impressed by the tread pattern.

i can tell they have good offroad traction.

the price is very attractive. i may go with these when i get tires.
im talkin to a guy on craigslist about getting 4 of these... 2 brand new and 2 about 90% tread. im gonna get some pics from him tomorrow and then hopefully i can get a chance to inspect them tomorrow and then he and i may trade tires. i got my 265/70R16 nitto terra grapplers but i put on a 3" lift so i need some bigger tires. his are 265/75R16. at least im movin up to almost a 32 lol. sound like a good trade?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #29
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The off-road traction is significantly better than the BFG A/T, but we all know I'm biased against those anyway.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #30
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles do you have and how is the tread life?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #31
Weapon Mechanic

Only 2,000 right now, but still look like the day I bought them. Significant recent changes in my life has greatly limited how much I drive my truck.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Yea mine are doing great. I feel a big difference in handling over the stockers. Anything's better than those. But I drive around the house off-road more than street it seems and no more spinning out backing up to deer feeder.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #33
Simmons Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Simmons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Would anyone know if these would fit on my stock 06 prerunner 2wd? Possibly 265-75 R16???? Hate to waste money on them and they not fit... I have read a bunch of posts about this but sounds like a bunch of people can't agree who is right. It has stock 245-75-R16's now. I would like to go with the Goodyear wranglers shown above
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #34
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons Taco View Post
Would anyone know if these would fit on my stock 06 prerunner 2wd? Possibly 265-75 R16???? Hate to waste money on them and they not fit... I have read a bunch of posts about this but sounds like a bunch of people can't agree who is right. It has stock 245-75-R16's now. I would like to go with the Goodyear wranglers shown above
They will fit
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #35
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just bought a set last week. My driveway is gravel. Do when I leave all I hear is rocks hitting my truck lol ima put my front flaps back on. And cut them
Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #36
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good writeup OP. We need to get the word out on these tires. After 15k I couldn't be happier!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #37

Tires are awesome. Took them on a local trail where before I had to use 4x4 to make it. with these tires I was in 4x2 abd made it easy. id reccomend these tires to anyone
Old 10-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Sub for interest
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #39
CRONKED TaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
CRONKED TaCo's Tacoma Gallery
Guys make sure you check the speed rating on these tires. I researched them and even asked the guys at my wally world and they said that the cheap priced authorities were cheap because they have a speed rating of b or c i think it was like only like 40 mph. You can go with better brands like cooper with a 55000 mile warranty and still come out cheaper then the may pop wallie specials.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
How can a tire designed for on road use have a speed rating of 40mph? Mine are doing fine thanks and I got the tickets to prove it.