Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #41
CRONKED TaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
CRONKED TaCo's Tacoma Gallery
Thats great bro but Im just letting people know that they could get jiped on tires if they are not careful. If I were looking for tires and some one said that to me I would double check before i buy a tire from Walmart or any where. Not to mention that walmart is the only retailer that sells these things. Try to call goodyear on these tires, they will disown the tire and tell you to contact walmart and i dont think walmart has a tread warranty so then what? Why would you buy a tire for 170 bucks a piece that has no backup when you could buy a tire that has a good company behind it. Now if you are ok with buying a tire that are sold by a retailer that forces suppliers to skimp on goods to maximize profit then why not. You know why dont you put retreads on their cheap and they have no warranty just like the walmart tires.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #42
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRONKED TaCo View Post
Thats great bro but Im just letting people know that they could get jiped on tires if they are not careful. If I were looking for tires and some one said that to me I would double check before i buy a tire from Walmart or any where. Not to mention that walmart is the only retailer that sells these things. Try to call goodyear on these tires, they will disown the tire and tell you to contact walmart and i dont think walmart has a tread warranty so then what? Why would you buy a tire for 170 bucks a piece that has no backup when you could buy a tire that has a good company behind it. Now if you are ok with buying a tire that are sold by a retailer that forces suppliers to skimp on goods to maximize profit then why not. You know why dont you put retreads on their cheap and they have no warranty just like the walmart tires.
Retreads by treadwright have a 2 year, 20k mile warranty.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #43
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
For me there's a limited amount of places to go for tires. I got the road hazzard. I know wall world will be open if I have any problems. The other 2 shops are family owned and hours are limited. One isn't even open on Saturday.
I'm happy with mine. It doesn't get driven much. Hopefully this set won't get dry rot before the tread is worn down.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #44
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmmm. yeah their going to skimp on tires. When they'd be at fault and get sued millions of dollars. Pfft. And lol to whoever said 40 mph. If you don't want to buy tires from walmart, Don't! But don't feed bs to people seeking information.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #45
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not trying to argue. But cmon these tires wouldn't be dot approved if any of that were true. Nd I'm not disagreeing that walmart doesn't do that with producers. ( I know for a fact they do) but they couldn't with something like tires
Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
Ok so when your tire blows out from a retread and tears your car up and you call the suppliers for answers they will say sorry but we will send you some more may pops. Now for Walmart? Do I really have to say any more. Yeah go to Walmart and look at different goods and you will see that Walmart has the same brand as everyone else but their either smaller or they use different ingredients. Would you use a Walmart tree climber? When it comes to safety I would go with someone that has a good name and good costumer service.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so when your tire blows out from a retread and tears your car up and you call the suppliers for answers they will say sorry but we will send you some more may pops. Now for Walmart? Do I really have to say any more. Yeah go to Walmart and look at different goods and you will see that Walmart has the same brand as everyone else but their either smaller or they use different ingredients. Would you use a Walmart tree climber? When it comes to safety I would go with someone that has a good name and good costumer service.
I have to interject here and refer you to DUCKCMDR's thread on the retreads that sperated and they paid for repairs and new tires. That particular company has been around for years...

Examples of actual use and customer satisfaction.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ight-fail.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...es-debate.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ght-tires.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-just-wow.html
Old 10-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #48
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
A company like Goodyear wouldnt tarnish their reputation by putting an unreliable product on the market. Even if its at Walmart. Sorry you paid so much for your tires.

And retreads are treaded in the same manner as new tires right? As long as the sidewalls are good the tire should still be a quality product right?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #49

It's different when it comes to safety. Knives are of less quality. Talked to the previous owner of buck knives myself. But a tire is not going to be of less quality due to liabilities. And for future tire buyers including these tires speed rating is not 40mph. Its 110 or 115 mph
Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #50
Ok great thanks! everyone if a tire is dot approved its an excellent tire do no need for research just run to the nearest wack job and buy a set. All they have to be is a dot approved tire. I am very happy for the guys that have had success but I want to make sure that someone who has minimal amount of money does not spend their money on something that either fails or wears fast and has no warranty behind it. Btw I was being sarcastic about retreads and I'm so glad that they will replace the tire and destruction of your car but how close are they to fixing bodily harm from flipping on the highway? All I'm saying is that for the same price you can buy good tires.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #51
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of nothing but good reviews on the wranglers. And my first hand experiences have been nothing but good as well. I'm assuming you or someone you know bought a set and had them fail?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #52
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are the "cheap" options at $170 a tire. Load range C, speed rating Q. Did you even bother to read my initial review and look at the pictures which show this information stamped right on the sidewall? Take your uninformed opinions and GTFO my thread please.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #53

your wheels balance okay? I have like 10-15 ounces on each wheel. JUST THE OUTSIDE!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #54
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
your wheels balance okay? I have like 10-15 ounces on each wheel. JUST THE OUTSIDE!
They balanced pretty well. I think it depends on the quality and care of the "technician" at the time. 2.5oz is the most any of my tires have.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #55

Idk wtf to do. I have 30 ounces on one wheel lol get to highway speed abd my truck has a little bouncing to it
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #56

Ima just take it to local tire shop. Or different walmart. (lifetime rotate and balance)
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #57
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine balanced out good and i like em alot.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #58
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ima just take it to local tire shop. Or different walmart. (lifetime rotate and balance)
Try having them road forced balanced.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Try having them road forced balanced.
I know I know. Lol im just "postponing" doing it. Want/need to fix my bow so I can hunt asap. thinking I might just take it to any shop so I can hunt in the morning
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #60
Skewpage

Quote:
I know I know. Lol im just "postponing" doing it. Want/need to fix my bow so I can hunt asap. thinking I might just take it to any shop so I can hunt in the morning
Don't know if Walmart does road force, but I know discount/America's tire does it. And they offer lifetime b&r as well.