Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #101
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Took my prerunner through a two foot deep mud pit and it did great. Then I did the sand pit. These tires are great. If I can do that stuff in two drive and 300 pounds in the bed. I can only imagine how some of you do with 4wd.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #102
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
sub'd.

OP and others, thanks for the good reviews. Duracracks as still top on my list, but now these are on my radar too.

Anyone have these in the North East, specifically New England. Our snow is usually wet and heavy, intermingled with ice. Any reviews how they perform in NE winters? It doesn't look like they have the severe snow service rating, so I'm curious how they do in the snow.
James has them
Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #103
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taking these to the snow on saturday. I will have 300 pounds in the bed and chains if I need them. Does anyone know how these tires do in the snow?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #104
billyBob25 is on a distinguished road
Canadian Coast Guard: Engineer
Name: Kris
billyBob25's Tacoma Gallery
So far I have put 9k on these tires going to different sledding/skiing areas over the last 3 months. They preform well on the dirt, rocks, mud, snow and they even do an acceptable job on ice.

The only thing that I am not sure of is how they will wear on the hot summer roads. So far they look like new and I have put 9000 km on them, though that is mostly driving in snow and mud.

I will be buying these tires again if they are still for sale when my current set wears out.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #105
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyBob25 View Post
So far I have put 9k on these tires going to different sledding/skiing areas over the last 3 months. They preform well on the dirt, rocks, mud, snow and they even do an acceptable job on ice.

The only thing that I am not sure of is how they will wear on the hot summer roads. So far they look like new and I have put 9000 km on them, though that is mostly driving in snow and mud.

I will be buying these tires again if they are still for sale when my current set wears out.

How do they compare to stock tires on snow performance? when I took my truck to the snow last I had the stock tires and my sensors were going off like crazy the whole time because my tires were sliping. Im going to the snow saturday with these new tires just wonder what I will experiance this time.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #106
billyBob25 is on a distinguished road
Canadian Coast Guard: Engineer
Name: Kris
billyBob25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
How do they compare to stock tires on snow performance? when I took my truck to the snow last I had the stock tires and my sensors were going off like crazy the whole time because my tires were sliping. Im going to the snow saturday with these new tires just wonder what I will experiance this time.
I am not sure how they compare to stock tires, my truck never drove on the stock tires other than to the tire shop to have them changed. I would think you are going to have better performance on snow but slightly poorer grip on the ice.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #107
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyBob25 View Post
I am not sure how they compare to stock tires, my truck never drove on the stock tires other than to the tire shop to have them changed. I would think you are going to have better performance on snow but slightly poorer grip on the ice.
Due to the wider footprint and increased amount of siping, I would imagine these are much better than the stockers on ice. I only have a very limited amount of time in wintery mountain conditions with these so I don't want to comment fully, but I never felt slippage on small patches of ice and snow as long as I was modest with the changes in velocity.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #108
Senor Taco

The tires did amazing in the snow. Handled about 8 inches of snow in 2wd with a few hundred pounds in the bed. No sliping at all. What Tire pressure are you guys running on you wranglers?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #111
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Thanks for the very very helpful review

Definitely on the list
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #112
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write up. I decided on these as well. I ended up with the E rated 265/70/17. They were in stock. Here is a pic of mine...

Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #113
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
The tires did amazing in the snow. Handled about 8 inches of snow in 2wd with a few hundred pounds in the bed. No sliping at all. What Tire pressure are you guys running on you wranglers?
Right now I have 36psi all 4.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #114
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrytj View Post
Thanks for the write up. I decided on these as well. I ended up with the E rated 265/70/17. They were in stock. Here is a pic of mine...

Nice! How much did you end up paying total for your set?

My stocks are currently 15s but hopefully by the end of summer I'll have enough to bump up to 16s with new wheels
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #115
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Thanks RMAN!These E rated were 200 each..OTD,Tax Tag Title 920. I got them with road hazard and all minus the stems due to TPMS.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #116

Army:
I was planning on getting the C rated ones but they did not have them in stock and did NOT want to have to go back lol.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #117
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Got me thinking about these. Waiting to see how my stock tires do in the snow this winter.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #118

Army:
Dc..so far no complaints here.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #119
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
So OP how many miles and how much wear is showing on these. I look at these every time I'm in walmart and will be pulling the trigger shortly.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #120
Senor Taco

I have 10,000 on mine and they still look new. I even picked up a 5th one to have a full size spare.