Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #121
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I've got about 15,000 miles on them now. If I were to put some tire shine on the sidewall you'd swear they were brand new.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #122
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I have 14,000 on mine and they still look new. I even picked up a 5th one to have a full size spare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
I've got about 15,000 miles on them now. If I were to put some tire shine on the sidewall you'd swear they were brand new.
Hell yea that's what I wanted to hear.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #123
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I've got choose to 20000 miles and they are showing a little wear, nothing bad though. I beat the shit out of them, and besides a few gouges they are holding up well
Old 10-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #124
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear guys! These are my next set of tires. Im almost tired of not seeing them on my truck lol.

Awesome WRITE UP
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #125
The wormer is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristan
The wormer's Tacoma Gallery
A little late

I have had these tires for a little over a year and a half. They are great tires. Don't let anyone turn you away. I love them so much bought 2 more sets for my 1976 ford f250 highboy and my 1991 jeep both have plows and the tires hold great.
Running 265/75r16 on my tacoma load range e same thing on my ford and got 15s on my jeep.
My tacoma is my daily driver and love it even more with these tires. With over 15000 on them and can't even tell. They look brand new and I like to throw some dirt and spin them quite a bit and I know that's not the best for them but hey I'm 17 and like to have some fun. Have used them in every terrain and couldn't ask for me. I would have to say they are by far the best tires I have ever used in the snow. Only got stuck one and that was my fault, buried it in a 4ft snow drift. They are not the best in mud from what I have seen but still are really nice tires. Recommend to anyone thinking about getting them. Go for it can't beat the price and great tires. Hope it helps out
Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #126
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP updated with 15,000 mile review and snow experience.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #127
billyBob25 is on a distinguished road
Canadian Coast Guard: Engineer
Name: Kris
billyBob25's Tacoma Gallery
yup great tires

I abuse mine every opportunity I get. 24000 miles on them now and they still look great. 85% to 90% tred left
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #128
jfdtruckman is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
jfdtruckman's Tacoma Gallery
I just ran across this thread concerning the Wrangler Authority tires. Been a great tire for me. Wally world or not they were affordable, who knows how many miles I've put on them...I put them on my 07 DC in 09 and have run them in the Ozark Mnts turkey hunting to the gumbo mud of the Arkansas delta and they've been great tires. I'm getting my daily dose of TW now looking to see what's the jive on tires b/c I'm gonna replace them some time next spring and just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in on these tires. I won't go back with them ONLY because I'm preparing a slight lift and want to go with 255 85 16 tires and can't get them in this case...but again highly recommend them to anyone looking.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #129
InducedComa is on a distinguished road
Army: MP VAARNG
Name: Paul
InducedComa's Tacoma Gallery
OP how much lift do you have on the front of your truck? I am looking at getting these tires but dont want them to look small with a full 3" of lift. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #131
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Good write up. I've walked by these tires several times in Wallyworld and they catch my eye every time I walk by. Your write-up has persuaded me. If/when I need new tires these will definitely be considered.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #132
Weapon Mechanic

I'm glad people are finding my tire reviews helpful. I'll keep this one updated as well as write up new ones as I replace tires on other vehicles.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #133
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't get them because I waited a hour to be told they won't mount on aftermarket rims
Old 12-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #134
Weapon Mechanic

The Wal-Mart tech wouldn't mount them on aftermarket wheels or the tire wouldn't fit on aftermarket wheels?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #135

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
The Wal-Mart tech wouldn't mount them on aftermarket wheels or the tire wouldn't fit on aftermarket wheels?
He said he cant mount them on aftermaker wheels! so I got pissed and left. Found Southern tire and got a set of wild country for the same price installed
Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #136
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
He said he cant mount them on aftermaker wheels! so I got pissed and left. Found Southern tire and got a set of wild country for the same price installed
Weird, must be some stupid wally world legal bull. You could have always bought them and got them installed somewhere else
Old 12-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #137
Weapon Mechanic

Quote:
My biggest fear when buying these tires was the quality of the Wal-Mart employees. I was prepared for some BS story like the one he gave you and I was just going to have them put the tires in the back of my truck and take them somewhere else.

Curious, which version of the Wild Country did you get?
Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #138
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by InducedComa View Post
OP how much lift do you have on the front of your truck? I am looking at getting these tires but dont want them to look small with a full 3" of lift. Thanks.
This review persuaded me to buy them. I have 12,000 on them now. I have a 3 inch lift and the 265/70/17s look good on mine.

Quote:
I didn't get them because I waited a hour to be told they won't mount on aftermarket rims
They fit on my aftermarket rims. The walmart near me knows there stuff but it seems to be a hit and miss across the board.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #139
Hollywood218 is on a distinguished road

Army: Maint. Team Leader/Recovery NCO
Name: Alex
Hollywood218's Tacoma Gallery
Does walmart have decent wheel weights? More specific, do they have ones that fit properly on Toyota rims? I had to have a flat repair done and the independent shop I went to only had the generic wheel weights that didn't seem to fit properly, I was worried about throwing a weight.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #140
Weapon Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood218 View Post
Does walmart have decent wheel weights? More specific, do they have ones that fit properly on Toyota rims? I had to have a flat repair done and the independent shop I went to only had the generic wheel weights that didn't seem to fit properly, I was worried about throwing a weight.
I think it really depends on your local Walmart. I haven't had issues with the wheel weights on mine.