Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #161
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
Looks great!
Old 02-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #162
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
X2^
Old 02-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #163
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Here's a side shot:

Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #164
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Don't you just wanna stare at it all the time? I still can't walk away from mine without looking haha
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #165
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 View Post
Don't you just wanna stare at it all the time? I still can't walk away from mine without looking haha
Ha! Walking into the grocery store with my Fiancé yesterday, I said "I'm fighting the urge to look back"
Old 02-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #166
InducedComa is on a distinguished road
Army: MP VAARNG
Name: Paul
InducedComa's Tacoma Gallery
THESE TIRES SUCK!!!!

THESE TIRES SUCK if you want to do donuts in the snow. They get WAYYYY TOOO MUCH traction... If you want a truck that you can't get stuck in you should buy these tires. Haha, Ive had these tires for about a month now and today we got about 8 inches of snow and I cant get this thing stuck in two-wheel drive hardly. These tires just have awesome grip. I went out and tried donuts in an empty parking lot, and the tires have too much grip to allow me to do donuts.... I definitely think you cant get a tire half as good as these for twice the price....
Attached Thumbnails
Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review-coma-snow.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review-coma-snow1.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review-coma-snow2.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review-coma-snow3.jpg   Goodyear Wrangler Authority, The Ranger's Review-coma-snow4.jpg  

Old 02-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by InducedComa View Post
THESE TIRES SUCK if you want to do donuts in the snow. They get WAYYYY TOOO MUCH traction... If you want a truck that you can't get stuck in you should buy these tires. Haha, Ive had these tires for about a month now and today we got about 8 inches of snow and I cant get this thing stuck in two-wheel drive hardly. These tires just have awesome grip. I went out and tried donuts in an empty parking lot, and the tires have too much grip to allow me to do donuts.... I definitely think you cant get a tire half as good as these for twice the price....
That's the truth. I was out playing in the snow today. Posted about it here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...reat-snow.html

Absolutely fantastic in the snow.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #168
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
OP I believe I might have met you at Red Rock Canyon not long ago. Nice review on the tires, will consider a set of these when I ware my tires out!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #169
Hawkeye888 will become famous soon enoughHawkeye888 will become famous soon enough

Hawkeye888's Tacoma Gallery
Was in walmart today and looked at these, some beastly looking tires. Definitely at the top of my list when I get new tires this year. And the price on them is nice for the wallet haha.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #170
jwilly is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jwilly's Tacoma Gallery
Will these fit on a stock suspension? I am looking for anything to replace the fails on my 13 off-road edition and for the price these would seem to do quite well. Especially since they look good on a lifted setup. I am in the process of saving for a OME lift but in the meantime if I can get a new set of shoes before that I would jump on them in a minute.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilly View Post
Will these fit on a stock suspension? I am looking for anything to replace the fails on my 13 off-road edition and for the price these would seem to do quite well. Especially since they look good on a lifted setup. I am in the process of saving for a OME lift but in the meantime if I can get a new set of shoes before that I would jump on them in a minute.

Thanks

Depends on what size you're wanting to fit on your stock suspension..

I have 265/75's on mine.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #172
jwilly is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jwilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3 View Post
Depends on what size you're wanting to fit on your stock suspension..

I have 265/75's on mine.

I was thinking the same size, figured it would be a nice size for when i do the the OME installed. I am thinking they wouldn't look to small like the stock BFG Fails will plus they are a good tire to boot.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilly View Post
I was thinking the same size, figured it would be a nice size for when i do the the OME installed. I am thinking they wouldn't look to small like the stock BFG Fails will plus they are a good tire to boot.

Yeah they look great. I love mine.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
OP updated with 20,000 mile picture.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #176
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #177
ready6delta
ready6delta is on a distinguished road
Army: DRILL SGT
ready6delta's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 06-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #178
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY COW this thread got big since I last posted, I will get pics tomorrow, but for now, I have question.

has anybody else noticed any weird wear on their front tires?

a couple overloaded welding trucks im friends with I noticed that the fronts had a crazy, alternating-lug wear-pattern and I thought, well, they're just not taking care of their trucks.

well, I noticed it on mine a couple weeks ago so I had them rotated. the rears wear perfectly square, but the fronts are seriously: high-lug, low-lug, high-lug, low-lug and so on.

I cant figure it out, any ideas?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #179
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment problems maybe? Mine are wearing well, except for the edges of the fronts wearing faster due to not being able to get a good alignment from the lift I previously had. Haven't noticed any weird wear like that though. i've got around 40k miles mine and they are almost to the point where the I can see that the sipes won't last much longer. I'll have to check for weird wear like that.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #180
wake100 is on a distinguished road
wake100's Tacoma Gallery
Take a pic?