1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rim question!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jefferson, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jan 11, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    SO, i'm trying to get a spare tire for my truck (got mine stolen a long while ago, and i really need to get that taken care of)

I keep finding first gen tacoma rims for MUCH cheaper of course.. do you guys know if the first gen tacoma rims will fit on our second gen tacomas? I know they're 6 lug and so that would work, but what about backspacing?

2. Jan 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    I think they would fit but... the first gen. Tacos are lug centric. Second gen. Tacos are hub centric. You'll get some vibration. unless you can get hub spacer to make them work?

3. Jan 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Yeah, it was the spacing i'm wondering about. Vibration wouldnt worry me cause it'd just be a spare.

4. Jan 11, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    carolinyens

carolinyens Creedmoor Connections

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    TRD CAI, TRD SS, Toyota All Weather Mats, Eagle Eye Halos, NST Crankshaft Pulley, ScanGauge II, TRD Shiftball, TRD SeatCovers, WeatherTech Vent Visors, 20% tint, DTLT's and NST pulley combo.
    Id go with a second gen if I were you. Knock on wood what if you had a flat and had to change a tire on the highway. I think the spacer would be a hassle.

5. Jan 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    OH i agree fully, but i cant find one in the san diego area for anything reasonable.

Products Discussed in

To Top