Notices

Gunmetal Or Black Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
ULtRaMan is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
ULtRaMan's Tacoma Gallery
Gunmetal Or Black Wheels

Hello all! Haven't posted much, but I visit this forum quite often. I figure I can ask some of you and maybe even post some pictures. I have some money to spend on rims. Im in love with the Anthracite SE FJ wheels. My dilemma is if I should buy the Black or Gunmetal? Reason I ask cause I have a '12 DCLB Silver Streak color truck. I love the gunmetal color, but for the sake of the color, maybe black would look better. I haven't really seen these rims on a Silver Tacoma. If you have them, can you please post them. Or suggest which color would be best.

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Well, considering the Trail Team version is black...I would go with something different. Try a dark gun metal gray. If you don't like it....paint em again!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #3

I want to get away from painting wheels, I dont want to have to go through all that. thanks for the suggestion though
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I went black for almost 5 years and I thought it looked great. However, the gunmetal wheels are pretty nice as well. In the end when they get dirty, they look the same.

black

gunmetal

Old 08-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #5

Nice truck man! Yea you're right, when they get dirty they'll be black. But I guess Im more concern for the matching aspect. I dont know if the gunmetal will be over kill with the silver.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
unless black is your trim/accessory color i would prefer gunmetal
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Here are some gunmetal on silver photos to help your decision:

Weds Hase Spec - Light Gunmetal (Anthracite)

FN Wheels BFD - Dark Graphite Gunmetal
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
I don't think either color - gunmetal or black - would look bad on your silver Tacoma, but maybe a dark gunmetal such as graphite gunmetal would be a good in-between color that will satisfy your desire to have both a gunmetal wheel and a black wheel.