Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto or BFG? *READ BEFORE YOU VOTE*

View Poll Results: Which tire is better?
Nitto 86 43.65%
BFG 111 56.35%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #41
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The only negative to Trail Graps is weight. They killed my milage. They grip in all conditions and are only suceptible to sharp rocks getting stuck in tread and cutting as they get ripped out... but any tire is going to have that issue in jagged rocks.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #42
Mini-Monster truck!
TACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to beholdTACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to beholdTACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to beholdTACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to beholdTACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to beholdTACOconvert2012 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
TACOconvert2012's Tacoma Gallery
should have gave us another option for voting.. my cousin has the trail grapplers on his chevy 1500 and he has been bummed about his purchase since. in the snow they sucked(for him). on dry trails they sucked(for him). in mud they didnt clean themselves out like you would expect a mud tire too.(his mileage) He has decent off road skills, and it wasnt that he doesnt know how to clean them out they just didnt. so based off HIS mileage those tires are off my list. His dad has the KM2s on his f250 diesel, and he loves them.. im still undecided on the KM2. hope that gives another data point for you.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #43
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my second set of E BFG A/Ts, and they are freaking awesome. Great on and off road, good traction in everything I've put them in, look good and don't make a ton of noise.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #44
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to go wrong with BFG's imo. I don't have experience with either particular tire but have always liked BFG.

Tough decision but I don't think you will go wrong either way personally.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
my family has ran nothing but BFGs for the past 20 years and we've had zero problems with them. I'm sure some people will nit pick over them but they are an excellent brand with an excellent pedigree. Besides, my cousin's run nittos and to me they are a much uglier tire and didn't seem to be of the same quality as BFG. But to every his their own.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #47
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
I have had nothing but BFGs on my truck and have been happy with them thus far. I ran BFG ATs for almost 50k miles and they were awesome. I just switched over to MTs and they have been good so far. I plan on posting how long they last when the time is right.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #48
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
I think the BFG's are more popular and more widely used. Trail Grapplers are a step up in performance and price. Something to consider, but they can't be stopped in snow.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #49
Useful Idiot
thebigsmit is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
thebigsmit's Tacoma Gallery
Neither, Toyo Open Country M/T is the way to go.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #50
Sweetpea is on a distinguished road
Name: Karrie
Sweetpea's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody mentioned the snow traction issues of the BFG. Check your tire, they sell two versions. One with and one without the snowflake. I'm not sure of all the differences but I asked BFG and there is a compound difference.

Karrie
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #51
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
I have Nitto Trail Grappler MT's, they look amazing, have great control offroad, great on rocks and steep trails. On the street they are awesome for a mud tire, not very loud!

BUT my next tires will be KM2's for a few reasons, I like a change every once and a while, a lighter tire would be nice, and offroad km2's are better in mud than the trail grapplers.

But Im very happy with the Trail Grapplers!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #52
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Source?

baja races