Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel fitment on 94 4x4 pickup

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
IrishAmerican is on a distinguished road

IrishAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel fitment on 94 4x4 pickup

I picked up a set of 16" 6 lug wheels and 33" BFGs from a buddy who had them on his 98 Z-71. I mounted the two back wheels on my 94 4x4 pickup and they fit fine. So next I went to mount the fronts and realized that the center of the wheel will not fit over my warn locking hubs. There is about 1.5" of space between the wheel and the studs.

My idea is to pick up a pair of wheel spacers for the front to extend the studs out far enough so the locking hub doesnt interfer. This truck is not a daily driver, it is a hunting/fishing/trail riding rig. Can someone give me some insight on my idea of using spacers for this application? Do you think it will fix my problem? Also, what brand of spacers would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info
Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You can take them to a shop and have them bore out the wheel for cheaper than wheel spacers. Chevy's are 78mm hubs, toyotas are 106.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
IrishAmerican is on a distinguished road

IrishAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool. I thought about trying to use my end grinder to open the center up. Im not going to use this truck on the road so im not real concerned about being off balance a little. What kind of shop would do something like that? Just a machine shop?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAmerican View Post
Very cool. I thought about trying to use my end grinder to open the center up. Im not going to use this truck on the road so im not real concerned about being off balance a little. What kind of shop would do something like that? Just a machine shop?
Yeah any machine shop could do it