Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Wheels! KMC HOSS Vs. Method Standard?

View Poll Results: KMC HOSS BLACK Vs. METHOD STANDARD 17"
KMC HOSS GLOSS BLACK 5 29.41%
METHOD STANDARD 12 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
New Wheels! KMC HOSS Vs. Method Standard?

Ordering new wheels and tires in 3 or so weeks! I'm torn between Above Rims? Tire will be Terra Graps, not sure on size yet... Rims will be 17" your input greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Method wheels no doubt, and as for the tires do you plan on offroading?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #4

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Method wheels no doubt, and as for the tires do you plan on offroading?
No my truck is my DD for my Garage Epoxy Business...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well in that case the terra grapplers will be fine!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Quote:
well in that case the terra grapplers will be fine!
Thinking Bilstien 5100/eibach combo for lift, my 2012 MGM DC already has the TSB so maybe just a level...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #7

you gonna go with a 33?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
you gonna go with a 33?
Yeah I like 285/70/17 kinda worried about gas mileage as well though.. Lol it's not gonna get any cheaper!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
KMC HOSS!!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #10

meh, if you are worried about gas mileage, shoulda got a prius
Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
KMC HOSS!!

Wait you have methods? Lol
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
meh, if you are worried about gas mileage, shoulda got a prius
True that! It's not a big worry just don't lose 6 miles a gallon... I'm getting about 21 freeway now
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
My unbias vote goes to Methods
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
True that! It's not a big worry just don't lose 6 miles a gallon... I'm getting about 21 freeway now
expect with lift and 33s to prob be closer to 19, dont worry im at 14.5 now with all the crap I have done with out gears.

I've got the method beadlocks as well, they are just made better IMO. I had KMC and side by side the method is superior.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
Wait you have methods? Lol
I keep forgetting sarcasm fails on the internet haha But yeah definetly get methods!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #16

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
I keep forgetting sarcasm fails on the internet haha But yeah definetly get methods!
Funny shit... I thought there was good ol sarcasm there but my inner dumbass said wha? Lol
Old 09-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Johnsredline's Tacoma Gallery
I have methods and love them, But I have the double standards. But both models, standard and double standard are rocking wheels!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
Capt Caveman
Copperdoc1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Copperdoc1's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I'll be the weirdo. I have the KMC hoss wheels and I love them. The methods are just a little too dark for me. Both are cool tho. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #19

Firefighter:
Thanks guys!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been scouring the net, and can't find an answer anywhere. Can someone please tell me how much the methods weigh? I want them in 17"