Notices

BFG AT vs Michelin LTX AT/2 ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT vs Michelin LTX AT/2 ?

Wondering if anyone has run both of these tires and your experience on the difference between these two.

I've had the BFGs before, and by far they are the best in the LOOKS department, but I never was quite impressed with them for performance.

I've always loved the performance of my Michelins on my other vehicles, but don't have experience with the LTX AT/2s. How with the handle on the road and off-road compared to the BFGs?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
azonicbruce, go to tirerack.com for a comparison as well. There is a lot of information to be had there.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
azonicbruce, go to tirerack.com for a comparison as well. There is a lot of information to be had there.
x2. Check out reviews on Tirerack and Discount Tire Direct.

The Michelins will be a LOT better on the road and decent off road depending on what type of terrain you like to tackle. Honestly, I think there are much better all around A/T tires than the BFG A/T. That being said, I think you're better off comparing the Michelins to one of the newer A/T tires, not the BFG A/T.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I actually have an account with both tirerack and discount, so the info has been helpful. I thought I'd ask here to get some Tacoma owner's perspective.

Pugga, what newer A/T tires are you referring to? Maybe I'll add those to my wish list to compare.

Also, currently looking at ATX Mojave Blacks for wheels. Any other recommendations for nice, off-road style wheel in either black or bronze?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azonicbruce View Post
Yeah, I actually have an account with both tirerack and discount, so the info has been helpful. I thought I'd ask here to get some Tacoma owner's perspective.

Pugga, what newer A/T tires are you referring to? Maybe I'll add those to my wish list to compare.

Also, currently looking at ATX Mojave Blacks for wheels. Any other recommendations for nice, off-road style wheel in either black or bronze?
The Hankook Dynapro ATM is a good tire with excellent reviews both on and off road. It's also a good looking tire IMO. I've had 2 Cooper A/t tires, the Discoverer ATR and the Discoverer AT3. The ATR was nice and I really liked it, the AT3 is a decent tire but wouldn't be my first choice if I had to buy new tires today. For a more aggressive looking tire, there's the General Grabber AT2 which seems to be an overall well-liked tire as an alternative to the BFG A/T. Lastly is the Yokohama Geolander A/T (looks a bit more timid but also has great reviews. I seriously considered this tire but ended up going with the Coopers).
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've said it before, I don't understand why people like the bfg so much? It's not that great, there are much better choices, so the only thing I can think of is that people just like how it looks.