Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

You skinny 'tire'ers out there! 235's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Sorry about that, you're right. You'd have to go taller or shorter for the 245's or 255's. My bad
Yeah not to mention different wheel sizes. But your good man no worries!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #22
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
I had 265 75 16 maxxis bighorns last winter. They did great. Went snow wheeling in fresh powder and snow that wasnt as fresh. Never had any problems with them. Also TACOMABOSS has 32 inch cooper mts and he had no problems either.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
I had 265 75 16 maxxis bighorns last winter. They did great. Went snow wheeling in fresh powder and snow that wasnt as fresh. Never had any problems with them. Also TACOMABOSS has 32 inch cooper mts and he had no problems either.
Cooper MTs were one of my few tire choices that's for sure. I'm so jealous of all you guys saying your trucks do great in the snow. I haven't had that feeling at all haha
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #24

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I get that. I put plenty of high way miles on these things and they perform really well. Track straight, are relatively quiet and don't wander all over the place.

Just be warned that the duratracks are a winter tire with a softer rubber compound. The heat in summer can make them wear very quickly
Yeah I may be getting another pair of tires for summer but who knows. Kinda looking to sell the truck as well.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #25
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
255/80 FTMFW!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #26

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
i run 235's on my 2009 4cyl reg cab, they are good on the road, they are not race car tires as understood and expected so you get the handling you should get. being e rated means nothing, the tires you are looking to shouldn't be any heavier than what's on ur truck now, they are thinner and push less wind and will get you decent gas mileage. if you need a tire that you feel comfortable with in snow ur on the right path
Thanks man its good to hear some good feedback; doesn't make me rethink myself for an hour because im having such a hard time deciding I ordered them today as well as these wheels.http://www.ebay.com/itm/390470234999...84.m1439.l2649
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #27

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Update on the tires: I am thoroughly impressed with these tires. I can't rememeber what the BS is I'm thinking 3.5 and these tires barely barely stick out of the fenders. Not enough to throw much up but on the borderline of flush and just sticking out. I love these on the snow. I was on hard packed snow and being somewhat easy on the throttle it didnt lose traction or lose traction braking pretty hard for being on snow. Really glad I got new tires for winter. If you have rather bald tires I highly suggest getting new ones if you will be dealing with snow!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
My father and I both run 235/85/16 my truck is stock and it never rubs. My fathers truck they don't rub either. My mileage sucks to begin with normally around 16 winter, I have not tested summer mileage. My fathers truck before it got lifted and a roof rack would consistently get 19-20 mpg.You skinny 'tire'ers out there! 235's-imageuploadedbytapatalk1355115247.986762.jpg
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #29

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
My father and I both run 235/85/16 my truck is stock and it never rubs. My fathers truck they don't rub either. My mileage sucks to begin with normally around 16 winter, I have not tested summer mileage. My fathers truck before it got lifted and a roof rack would consistently get 19-20 mpg.Attachment 184134
Nice truck man what kind of tires do you have on there? You like them skinny?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a skinner tire that the 235s go with a 215/85/16
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #32
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
IMO 31x10.5-15 is my ideal size. After these are worn I may go 9.5
Old 12-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Nice truck man what kind of tires do you have on there? You like them skinny?
Tires are cooper st maxx. Love skinny tires out preform everything else
Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #34
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Can I run aftermarket wheels with 235's??
Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #35

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as long as they are the appropriate width, there is no reason you cant.

i found the sweet spot on these tires to be 15 psi
mmmmm thats a sexy tire. If summer goes as planned I may get those so my duratracs dont get eaten up during the 3 other seasons.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #36
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
So what's the appropriate width? I want the SCS F5 wheels
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #37
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Look up the tire you want. In the specs it will say something like 6.5-7.5 width wheel recommended.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Look up the tire you want. In the specs it will say something like 6.5-7.5 width wheel recommended.
So I can't do 16/8??
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #39
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
It's not that you "can't".

You could do it, but there are down sides, and a reason there is a recommended wheel size.
Your wheel will bulge out more and be less protected by the tire.
You are more likely to lose a bead, but if you're not wheeling real hard you probably won't
etc.

Basically, you "can" put them on a 16x8, but I wouldn't. It's not recommended for a good reason.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive run them in just about everything you can besides really deep sand. in snow mine kick ass as long as i dont get into really deep powder. these tires cut straight through the snow and that can be a benefit and it cant be the aceles heal. ask me how i know

my bfg's are E rated. After running these for 13,000+ miles already, i wouldnt put another goodyear on my truck. these tires are THAT good.
hahaa

Products Discussed in this Thread