Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

You skinny 'tire'ers out there! 235's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

This one says 6-7.5" so you're only a half inch outside. It's really up to you. Some will say go for it, some not so much. I would do some research and make an educated decision for yourself rather than ask others to choose. It really is on you.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #42
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
It's not that you "can't".

You could do it, but there are down sides, and a reason there is a recommended wheel size.
Your wheel will bulge out more and be less protected by the tire.
You are more likely to lose a bead, but if you're not wheeling real hard you probably won't
etc.

Basically, you "can" put them on a 16x8, but I wouldn't. It's not recommended for a good reason.
Ok thanks for the advice!
Is there any aftermarket wheel beside Trd in 16/7 that you know of??
Thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #43
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

This one says 6-7.5" so you're only a half inch outside. It's really up to you. Some will say go for it, some not so much. I would do some research and make an educated decision for yourself rather than ask others to choose. It really is on you.
Best me to it... Thanks a lot!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #44
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
My 235 85 Cooper AT3's will be here next week. And I will put them on 1st gen alloys. Cant wait!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #45
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Update on my 235/85. They do much better than the bfgs. I think more of the problem is the taco is too light for snow. On the highway they are straight and true. Good offroad. They did pretty well on the roads with snow with whatever condition (packed, icy, ect)
Old 06-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #46
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
What tire did you go for in that size? I have LT235/85-r16E Blizzaks for winters and they are better fuel economy, ride quality, and quieter than 10 ply BFG AT's in 265/75/16.

I almost went for 235/80/17's in my new summer tires (LTX MS2) but since they are for highway travel and I'm not worried about having better "bite" in the snow and ice, I went for 265/70/17
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #47
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs for the 235/85's. Also, like you, I will be getting summer tires, treadwright AT's in 265/75/16
Old 06-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #48
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I had 235/75/15 on my stock 5 lug wheels. I think the rims were 6" maybe? there was a little pooch but nothing i was ever worried about. It did surprisingly well in snow and mud with A/T tires being effectively just one wheel drive..

Products Discussed in this Thread