Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Method Double Standard - 16" doesn't fit Tacoma?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Method Double Standard - 16" doesn't fit Tacoma?

Spoke to 4Wheel Parts earlier today trying to get pricing on my build

They said I wouldn't be able to get the 16" double standard because aftermarket 16s don't clear the brake calipers... would have to get the 17s.

Anyone out there that can confirm/deny this?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Dont add wheel spacers If you dont need them. If you have a TRD sport model you'll need a 17 to clear the brakes. Great wheels tho, Im running the 17 Desert truck beadlock. 17's still look good just tires are a tad more expensive than 16's
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #5

I'm looking to get the SR5. Will that work?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on backspacing and offset info. 16" will work fine on the SR5
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Depends on backspacing and offset info. 16" will work fine on the SR5
According to website:

Size
16 x 8

Bolt Pattern
5, 6, and 8 lug

Offset
0mm

Backspace
4.50"

Load Rating
2100 lbs. - 3600 lbs.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
I have a trd with dick cepek torque 16x8 6 on 5.5 with a 4.50 backspacing and they work fine.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I have Method Double Standards, 16x8 with 4.5 BS on my Tacoma, SR5 Prerunner and they fit great.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
I have Method Double Standards, 16x8 with 4.5 BS on my Tacoma, SR5 Prerunner and they fit great.
Good info to know. Hmm, I wonder if there are any differences between the 4x2 and 4x4 brakes that would make a difference. If not that would be great.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So tell me... how does the goldish colored bolts on the street lock look in person?
This is the one thing that bugged me with these, but then again I've never seen them in person. Maybe doesn't look that back with the all black ones, but I was planning on running the black w/machined finsh lock in which case theres a contrast between the bolts and locks.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Why people say they wont fit is beyond me, here is a Sport TRD with them...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...spd-build.html

And TRD OR and sport have the same brakes....

Hell I think SR5 is the same as well....
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dont add wheel spacers If you dont need them. If you have a TRD sport model you'll need a 17 to clear the brakes. Great wheels tho, Im running the 17 Desert truck beadlock. 17's still look good just tires are a tad more expensive than 16's
Not really true I have 2 sets 16s an they clear with no spacer depends on the wheels an specs and yes I have a 4x4 09 sport dcsb
Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NOT TRUE, 16" METHOD wheels will fit any 6 Lug 2nd gen taco (as long as it doesnt have the TRD big brake kit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Why people say they wont fit is beyond me, here is a Sport TRD with them...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...spd-build.html

And TRD OR and sport have the same brakes....

Hell I think SR5 is the same as well....
Hey, I know that guy!!!
Here are more pictures of the above truck (MINE) running those rims. I ran them WITH and WITHOUT spacers and both work fine. My truck is a 2010 DCSB TRD SPORT 6pd with a supercharger, and yes, my truck kicks ass!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Johnsredline's Tacoma Gallery
4wheel parts is a joke, they said the same to me. I ended up buying them elseware for much cheaper, and they fit great! I have a TRD offroad, and they clear the calipers just as well as the factory wheels.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea Where people get the info that the Tacoma have different brake sizes
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
I have no idea Where people get the info that the Tacoma have different brake sizes
The only differance I know of is the TRD big brake kit.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Johnsredline's Tacoma Gallery
also, i notice with 4wheel parts. They will tell you this about ANY 16'' wheel. not only the methods, and we all know plenty of people run aftermarket 16s
Old 09-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsredline View Post
also, i notice with 4wheel parts. They will tell you this about ANY 16'' wheel. not only the methods, and we all know plenty of people run aftermarket 16s
Thats because mama says the 4 wheel parts is the devil!!! (spoken in the voice of the water boy).
Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #20
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!!!?????