Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will Pro-Comp steelies fit?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Liberty Or Death
SMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic Third Class, VFA 81
Name: Sam
SMSmithy's Tacoma Gallery
Will Pro-Comp steelies fit?

Whats up Tacoma world,

I went to my local truck shop, Eastern Off-Road in Norfolk, VA, and was getting a quote on parts and labor for a 3'' lift new wheels and tires.

I told the salesman I would like to get Pro Comp RC series 52 Steelies, and he told me they wouldn't fit.

I find that a little hard to believe, because i have 17'' sport wheels, and if I buy 17'' steelies i don't see why they wont fit.

Here's a link to the ones I want.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/52..._pn=PCW52-7883

So if any of you guys are running steelies or could help answer my question, I'd appreciate it.[/FONT]
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the steel wheels have issues clearing the brake calipers. The height is correct but the way the wheel is made from the mounting surface to the outter section of rim, can interfere on some models of the procomp steel wheels.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Liberty Or Death
SMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMSmithy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thanks for the help guys, i think im going to go to eastern and see if they will let me fit test a wheel.

and if any body on here has steelies on ther truck, post some pics.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
Liberty Or Death
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Ro...21&t_pl=101921

these?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
mkuenzli is on a distinguished road
Name: Max Kuenzli
mkuenzli's Tacoma Gallery
i have those rims and love them! You should get center caps some say they look good without them, they don't. but they are great steelies i had them put on with my 3" rough country lift.