Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Trying to buy Pro Comp Wheels. Say they Dont Fit???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to buy Pro Comp Wheels. Say they Dont Fit???

I called summit to place my order and they cant seem to tell me if they will fit. They have numerous steel wheels on there site. so im looking at 16x8 with a bolt pattern of 6x5.5, here are my options

4.25 backspace and a -6 offset

or 4 backspace with a -12 offset

i dont care if they stick out a bit, i actually kind of like that. I just want to make sure they clear the calipers.

2003 4 door tacoma trd 2wheel drive

Thanks yall
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to buy Pro Comp Wheels. Say they Dont Fit???-pro.jpg  
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen them on a 1st gen so I'm guessing they don't fit.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Pretty sure you need at least 4.5 back spacing to clear the calipers. You could always just install a wheel spacer on the front to clear them
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bro. I ordered the 52 series...suppose to fit perfect...i hope...lol
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Tacoma977 is on a distinguished road

Name: Seth
Tacoma977's Tacoma Gallery
Did your wheels fit? I was thinking about getting them for my FJ. I'm running 1.25" spider trax though.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, i meant 87 series. not 52. i mount them tomorrow