Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

keep stock or go black?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
SixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alexander
SixLugThug's Tacoma Gallery
keep stock or go black?

Should I keep these how they are or go to a black color? I have a 2009 black access cab. Just curious what you guys think.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
SixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BTW they are 16's
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a rare breed...I like shiny
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I'm a rare breed...I like shiny
X2 only on some things though but these rims would look better shiny
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Look good if you cleaned and polished them and then later paint them black
Thats kinda what I was leaning towards, Ive been polishing them up with a bit of acetone and a light grit sandpaper. seems to be working pretty well thus far
Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
I would plasti dip them to try it out- heck, for <$20 why not to see if you like the look on? Then if that doesn't hold up through multiple tire rotations and you're sick of re-spraying- peel em off, take a comparison look- if you liked it...get em powder coated if you feel the look is for you.

I dipped mine, and feel the look is 100% better

I've also dipped grill, emblem and chrome valence. All holding up incredibly- no signs of wear (besides getting new tires put on the rims 3 months after initially plasti dipping the wheels) but that's minor and barely noticeable
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Or you could just plastidip one and see how you like it
This
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #10

Update. After a lot of thought along with input from you guys, I have decided to go the route of powder coat. I also ordered up a 3 inch Readylift SST kit and a set of 265/75R16 Duratracs
Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #11

Update! Went black and threw on a 3 inch lift and 32' duratracs!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...e/IMG_0823.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...e/IMG_0824.jpg
Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like them, AT ALL. To "lowrider street truck" for me.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
I don't like them, AT ALL. To "lowrider street truck" for me.
ouch... lol they remind me of kmc rockstars without the center caps. Im pretty stoked on them