Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

does an 08 Tacoma have TPMS??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
does an 08 Tacoma have TPMS??

Hi guys.. I am looking for a set of rims for my 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport Trail Teams Edition.

I found a set of 16" rim from a 08 Tacoma on Kijiji but I am unsure if they came with Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors.

Can any one help out?

Thanks

Bill
Old 09-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Tacoma's rolled off the factory with TPMS but you should ask the seller if they're still installed. They easily could have removed them and put back regular valve stems and kept the sensors for an aftermarket set of wheels.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Pugga.. I did just that.. Bought a set of 16" rims for my Taco for 350 with sensors and crappy tires on them.. Only 350.. Woohoo

Now to paint them black and then buy some winter tires..
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blygy View Post
Thanks Pugga.. I did just that.. Bought a set of 16" rims for my Taco for 350 with sensors and crappy tires on them.. Only 350.. Woohoo

Now to paint them black and then buy some winter tires..
Not a bad deal with sensors and all! Just so you know, you can only have one set of sensors programmed to your ECU at a time though. I did the same thing you did and my sensors stay in one set, the other set just has standard valve stems. As long as I park next to the set with the sensors at night, it resets the TPMS light (it usually comes on after a few miles the next day).
Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #5

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the Cable so I can hopefully just do my sensor programming when I swap over.. Hopefully.. I haven't hooked up to the truck yet..