Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Summit Racing Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
NinjaT1985 is on a distinguished road

NinjaT1985's Tacoma Gallery
Summit Racing Wheels

I am looking int o the Summit Racing version of the soft 8. 16x8 -12mm offset (4.00" backapsacing). Will these clear 2nd gen tacomas brakes just fine? Thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The only steel wheels that clear the calipers are Wheelers Steelies.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
ChillBud is on a distinguished road
ChillBud's Tacoma Gallery
Summit Racing Wheels

I'm also looking to get that same style of wheel. I talked to Pro Comp on the phone and they have these that they say will fit my 2011 Tacoma (but unlike the ones mentioned above, they are 4.5 backspacing).

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...21&plID=101921

Is it the 4.5 backspacing that makes the difference here? Summit Racing definitely has good prices so would consider those if they'd fit.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
i too am looking for the same thing for my 2010 prerunner
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
4 inch BS would clear better over 4 1/2 BS i would think.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillBud View Post
I'm also looking to get that same style of wheel. I talked to Pro Comp on the phone and they have these that they say will fit my 2011 Tacoma (but unlike the ones mentioned above, they are 4.5 backspacing).

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...21&plID=101921

Is it the 4.5 backspacing that makes the difference here? Summit Racing definitely has good prices so would consider those if they'd fit.
The ones above, that ProComp says will fit, will not. several members on here have tried them. As I said above, only Wheelers Steelies clear the calipers on 2nd gens.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
ChillBud is on a distinguished road
ChillBud's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks KPT. Frustrating that Pro Comp will say that they fit when they don't. As an alternative, I'm looking at the ones below. Have read other posts here that say they should be just fine. A bit more expensive, but a nice look and seemingly good quality.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...8.5&vid=019281
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
whats the backspacing on those discount tire rims? i didnt see it on the page
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosaucer View Post
whats the backspacing on those discount tire rims? i didnt see it on the page
8.5" wide, -6 offset, so 4.5 backspacing