1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265-65, R17 Cooper AT3

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Paincake, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Sep 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Paincake

Paincake [OP] New Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4 DBL Cab Long Bed
    Hey all. First post here even though I've been lurking off and on over the last few years. I hope my post isn't something that has already been covered elsewhere, but I had no luck finding the exact info I'm after.

First off, here's my truck: 2007 TRD Sport, 4x4, double cab, long bed. (indigo blue I think it's called ;)

Last week I replaced my OEM tires (Dunlops?) with the Cooper Discoverer AT3's in the stock size of 265-65, R17. I love the look and I suspect I won't be "squirreling-around" this winter the way I have become used to since buying this truck.

Here's my dillemma: Now that I have new tires, I can't stand to look of my rims. The paint is bubbling-up all over, they're stained, and they just plain look like crap. I want to get a nice set of aftermarkets and I'm not sure exactly what specs I need. I know I need 6x5.5, but since I''ve never bought wheels before, I didn't realize there were so many other specs.

So I guess this is my question; are those the only specs I need to ensure my new rims will fit both my new tires and lugs, or does 'offset' and all the other specs matter as well? It seems like a lot of the rims don't even list all the specs, so that only contributes to my confusion.

Also, After seeing what happens to aluminum rims on my last two trucks, I'd really like to avoid dealing with that again. Will powder coated rims last longer and stand up better against the road salt Ohio dumps on our roads by the tons? Does anyone have any advice on rim materials / coatings?

Thanks in advance for any advice / feedback!

2. Sep 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    angrysam

angrysam Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Somebody's Shit List
    Vehicle:
    2.9 Gen- Not a cunt.
    Fleshlight and an old Farrah Fawcett poster.
    You'll want an 8" wide wheel. You could probably get away with an 8.5" width if you had to have a set but I definitely wouldn't push it to 9".

Here's an offset chart for you. Stock wheels are 5.5" backspacing IIRC. 4.75"-5" looks just right IMO.

offset.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top