Notices

Over again....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Over again....

Sorry guys I know this has been asked a zillion times but going tire shopping mañana and wondering what is the perfect tire size overall (performance, filling well) for some 17 inch wheels. Lift kit is the stage 5 icon's. Trying to squeeze maximin height with compromising driveline issues. (3inch)?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What do you do with your truck?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #3

Don't know yet? Just got it. I do have a smaller boat I will tow it with and a grizzly quad that I will load on truck for my all my hunts.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
But do you wheel it? I mean there are 50 million tire choices out there but knowing what you do with the truck will help. For rims, I suggest looking at tirerack.com. For tires, you can't go wrong with BFG ATs. Plenty of grip offroad and great on the street.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

Hey Chris just noticed that your in yorba!!! Nice neighbor!!! Going to Allen's tires on imperial in the morning.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33fish View Post
Hey Chris just noticed that your in yorba!!! Nice neighbor!!! Going to Allen's tires on imperial in the morning.
Yeah just moved here from Chino Hills.

Good luck tomorrow man.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
But do you wheel it? I mean there are 50 million tire choices out there but knowing what you do with the truck will help. For rims, I suggest looking at tirerack.com. For tires, you can't go wrong with BFG ATs. Plenty of grip offroad and great on the street.
Yeah I will wheel it up in my buddy's ranch where we hunt once a month. And my boys like highway 39 and trabuca canyon. But mostly streets
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah just moved here from Chino Hills.

Good luck tomorrow man.
No shit! I moved from chino!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #11

I was thinking of 285/75/17 but then worried about rubbing with to much load on truck? Putting on heavy bumpers f/r next monh.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was thinking of 285/75/17 but then worried about rubbing with to much load on truck? Putting on heavy bumpers f/r next monh.
255/80/17
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
255/80/17
Yeah? Never even considered this size? Is like 31.5 tire?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
X2 that's a good tire size skinny is the way to go
Alright X2!!! Which brands?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright X2!!! Which brands?
255/80/17 KM2
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah? Never even considered this size? Is like 31.5 tire?
33 3/8"
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
255/80/17 KM2
Gotcha! Thanks...
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
33 3/8"
Km2 is the only tire company that make this size for the 17s or am I wrong
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
A bit off topic but...I ws talking to a guy today and he said Pro Comp wheels arent very good. Any thoughts? I am thinking about the Pro Comp 5001, but he said they break, I find that hard to believe since they are rated to 3400 pounds, then he said the are made in China.
Any thoughts on alternates that are Made in US that look similar?