Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Backwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to behold

Army: 178th engineer battalion
Backwoodz's Tacoma Gallery
Tire help

I'm running 305/60r18 and they rub like crazy and its time for a new set of tires will 285/65r18 take care of my rubbing issues? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift are you running? What wheels, and what are the specs?

It's hard to say what the outcome would be, because while the 285's are obviously narrower, they're also slightly bigger than the 305's. The added height may negate what rubbing you eliminate in width reduction. 305's are pretty wide though, so dropping to 285's just may do it.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Backwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodz is a splendid one to behold

3in Camburg and total chaos uca not sure of wheel specs tho :/
Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3" lift with TC UCA's and I am also running 285/65-18"s and the rubbing is minimum with some minor trimming.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

I've trimmed but am still rubbing pretty bad
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodz View Post
I've trimmed but am still rubbing pretty bad
Yeah its the 305 that is killing you. I think you will be much happier with the 285.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah its the 305 that is killing you. I think you will be much happier with the 285.
Good to hear thanks man