Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

235's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Otterbell is on a distinguished road
Otterbell's Tacoma Gallery
235's

I know I know , not another rook with a how big question lol . But can I run 235/85/r16 on my 2012 4x4 4cyl without a lift or rubbing?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Otterbell is on a distinguished road
Otterbell's Tacoma Gallery
They look sick both way , thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
I am on my first set, my father is on his third set of 235/85. Never once have the tires rubbed.
FYI both are second gen Trd offroads completely stock.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
I may be intersted in this tire size too. Bump for more pics
Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
235's-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348890409.430345.jpg
Mine

235's-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348890441.521447.jpg
My dads

I'll get side pics tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ 99% of my driving is highway. So im not to concerned about mpg's at this point
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit thats in palisades idaho right?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery

I had 235's for about a week. They looked alright on a 3" lift 1st gen...

Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=m3bassman;5760164]careful what you wish for

if you were to choose the bfg km2's over the OEM replacements (c rated 265/70/16s) i think personally, thst you get plenty of benefits. you get a taller tire, a stronger sidewall, and amazing traction with only a 1mpg loss in economy. and with that said i only lost 1 mpg in the city, no real difference on the interstate.

lucky. I get 16 hwy, my father gets close to the same
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
01 5 speed

taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Ive done a lot of reading and have decided that the taller skinnier tire is best for me since i dont see much deep mud and snow over 2 feet.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
235/85-16 Duratracs

They rubbed at first but my suspension was sagging. After I upgraded, with no lift, just leveled, I don't have any rubbing.

I'll post some pics later.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
yessir! :it was just a couple months ago. we stay at my gf's cabin on the wyoming side of the border just down the highway. you go out on the lake bed before?

PS: also might check out the idaho thread for meet ups and such
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html

Once I get my Tacoma next year I will by hanging with you guys/gals hopefully.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #13

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
So back to the point, what is the problem with E rated tires? And im getting a 2.7 taco so im more concerned with mileage (current car is a 07 civic 39mpg), will this size be a good balance between off road and on road milage?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #14

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
So is 235 85 a good size for skinny tires? I love the skinny look and apparently according to the Expeditions West article they are better for off road grip.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #15

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the deal with the E rated load range with 235'? Is it a bad thing?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #16

Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has duratracs on his 4runner. After a weekend with him 4x4ing I think im sold
Old 09-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #17
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
What is the problem with e rated tires you are referring to?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #18

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
So back to the point, what is the problem with E rated tires? And im getting a 2.7 taco so im more concerned with mileage (current car is a 07 civic 39mpg), will this size be a good balance between off road and on road milage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
Whats the deal with the E rated load range with 235'? Is it a bad thing?
Quote:
if that is directed at me?
Nope, at Tommy, though you talking smack about my Goodyears...
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #19

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ha ive had them, ive seen them in action and ive talked to owners. their sidewalls just arent the same as the BFG e rated tires IMO
So I've heard, after I got mine. Well see how they go, I don't do anything crazy though.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #20
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
MOAB tested no problems with my goodyears. Fuck the haters they just