Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Bed armor/ rock guard wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
rdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ross
rdd11's Tacoma Gallery
Bed armor/ rock guard wheels?

So just wondering if anyone has painted their stock rims with bed armor or rock guard. I'm wondering how well it worked out and stuck? I know I'll have to get the clear coat off and prime it with self etching primer and then sand that with 2000 grit.

Experiences?
Suggestions?
Regrets?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
rdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rdd11's Tacoma Gallery
Any buddy
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I would think that putting too heavy of a coat would throw the wheels out of balance.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
rdd11's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I thought but can you not balance them out with bigger/ more weights
Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
The issue is more of where you paint. If you only paint the outer surface and not the inner well where the weights are attached I'd imagine you could balance it... But it could be a HELL of a lot of wieghts. Also, my concern would be around the lugs/center cap where there are gaps/seams, paints that's heavy and thick like that could really making taking the wheels on and off a PITA
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
dommo is on a distinguished road
Army: Drill Sergeant
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean bed line(Line-X, Rhinolining, etc) the wheels? Or are you talking about something different?

If bed lining, yup, did that. I liked it, turned out pretty good I think. Didn't have any issues with balancing them or anything like that.