Notices

BFG Rugged Terrain

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
RoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
RoadWarrior's Tacoma Gallery
BFG Rugged Terrain

Has any one tried the BFG Rugged Terrain tire?
This is new tire supposed to improve on the Rugged Trail factory tire and be lighter with a more modern look than the All-Terrain.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
BARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
BARTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I've got close to 20k on mine. They ride very well on the highway with little road noise. I don't do any serious off roading so I can't comment there. They are wearing nice and even. Overall they are a pretty good tire for my needs
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
I read reviews for weeks on there tires and was about to get them in the P rated tire. But then Costco put the Revo 2s onsale here for like 212 bucks a tire (normally like 300+) so I have t just on those. I would love to try the rugged terrains though, everyone said they destroy the rugged trails
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARTRD View Post
Yes, I've got close to 20k on mine. They ride very well on the highway with little road noise. I don't do any serious off roading so I can't comment there. They are wearing nice and even. Overall they are a pretty good tire for my needs
I am the same no serious off road, I live in Washington state so rain and snow is my main concern, thanks for the info.

I have just bought a set of FJ Cruiser 17" wheels, so I will either put those on with the Rugged Terrain's or stick with my 16" Tacoma TRD rims.

Also what size are you running, I have always ran a 245/75/16, so with the FJ rims I am thinking of a 245/70/17 to keep my ratio's the same, anyone running that size, my truck rides at the stock height.

Thanks again,
Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
Daxom is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sergeant, Field Training Officer
Name: Rob
Daxom's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a 2013 in mgm, with a wheel & tire upgrade from the stock 16's to the alloy 17" wheels. They are some type of gun metal gray color which I think matches up nicely with the mgm. It has the BFG rugged terrains in 265/65/17.

I think they look pretty decent over the stocks, but they still are nothing like alot of the aftermarket pics on the trucks I have seen since coming to this forum.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxom View Post
Just got a 2013 in mgm, with a wheel & tire upgrade from the stock 16's to the alloy 17" wheels. They are some type of gun metal gray color which I think matches up nicely with the mgm. It has the BFG rugged terrains in 265/65/17.

I think they look pretty decent over the stocks, but they still are nothing like alot of the aftermarket pics on the trucks I have seen since coming to this forum.

Have you got any photographs you can send
Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
D44boy is on a distinguished road
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
i also have them in 265/65/18. to me they are a highway tire with AT looks. Fits my needs as I want something looking more aggressive than street tire, but good wear, ride, and mileage. I'm very happy with them, esp. for the price.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
BARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
BARTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D44boy View Post
i also have them in 265/65/18. to me they are a highway tire with AT looks. Fits my needs as I want something looking more aggressive than street tire, but good wear, ride, and mileage. I'm very happy with them, esp. for the price.
Yes, this is exactly right. Great highway tire. Ok offroad as long as you arent in the mud. Looks good. Fits my needs perfectly
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #10
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
at first i was like wow those are neat. when i was doing some online shopping. then i seen them in person and was not too impressed with the design. im AT all the way. i guerss it depends on your needs/preference.